Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fat sac on seat

wheelman

What's everybody's experience with running 750 sac on seat, my buddy ran his vlx like this for a season and it has pulled all the stitching out of the piping on seats. Does anyone run their sac on the floor as far over on the surf side as possible with any success? I have 1100 in locker and 370 under seat but want to add more but not ruin my interior.

We run the fat sack on the seat...but usually put a towel down. I don't think it's any worse (lbs per sq inch) then someone stepping into the boat on the seat....I think that is one of the worst things for the stitching and piping

Do you guys place bow sacs on the surf side seat or just in the middle on the floor? I've been putting my 750 on the walkway floor?

Edited by racer808

I think a big 750 sack on the seat is a bit much for what the seats are designed for. That's way more than a human could do in a concentrated a area.

I think a big 750 sack on the seat is a bit much for what the seats are designed for. That's way more than a human could do in a concentrated a area.

A lot of the time surfing everyone is crowded together on one side of the boat.....seeing four 175lb. People squished together isn't uncommon and takes up about the same area as a 750lb sack

Sent from my T.E.D. 'Toilet Entertainment Device'

A 750 lb sacks, is roughly 50x20" at the base. That's 1000 square inches. 750/1000= .75PSI of pressure on the seat. A size 10 foot roughly (10.7"x2") 21.4 square inches. If you were 170 lbs, standing on the seat on one foot you are exerting (170/21.4) 7.9psi. On pressure alone the fat sack is much less force (1/10th actually) than a relatively small person walking on the seats. Not to mention the force of the fatsack is generally straight down and not pushing and pulling at the seams as your foot would when walking.