Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Setup suggestions for wake boarding on 07 vlx

justhavinfun

I bought my first inboard (previously had I/o). Right now I have been riding with all factory ballast full and floating wedge down. Speed has been around 23mph. I don't know the length of my rope, but I shorten it a bit. I'm looking for suggestions on how others are set up on this era boat.

To properly setup speed, line length, etc, get your ballast dialed in with how big you want the wake to be. Usually 60/40 split from back to front in terms of weight. Once the wake looks or feels comfortable to your standards, at the speed you feel comfortable at, you want to make the rope length just long enough to be right in front of where the wake begins to crest and curl over. This will be the steepest part of the wake which will give you the most pop and height. If you're a beginner, teaching a beginner, or learning new tricks, stay with a shorter rope to lessen the distance and speed needed to clear a wake to wake jump. Unless your a great wakeboarder 23mph seems a little fast. I know the pros ride up 24mph but that's why they're pros. I'd say 18-21mph is a great speed to ride at. I guess it's what's comfortable to you though. Anyway, I hope that helps.

If you're looking for the biggest wake possible get two 750's for the back 1000lb up front and some weight in the floor. It all depends on your riding level and how big you want the wake. With that much weight you'll have to be careful coming off plane.