Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

365 hammerhead motor pics and monsoon 325 motor pics.

I don't have any pics but I noticed that the oil fill on my HH is on the starboard side and I am pretty sure it is on the port side of the Monsoon. This is on Vdrives so yours will be the opposite. Also, mine has a HH sticker and an emblem on the spark arrestor.

Edited by Simo

Yea...for years I have ignored you all with your complaints about these V-drive engines crammed into a little compartment as I enjoyed wide open access to my Monsoon in the SSLXi.

But now I pay attention to some of these pictures and it scares me.

Yea...for years I have ignored you all with your complaints about these V-drive engines crammed into a little compartment as I enjoyed wide open access to my Monsoon in the SSLXi.

I hear ya Man....

post-20239-0-02998500-1374027492_thumb.j

I've worked on cars far worse than any V-drive engine compartment.

Want to get scared. Look into the engine bay of a Z32 Turbo 300ZX...THAT will scare you. Or engine work on most Audi's.....

Want to get scared. Look into the engine bay of a Z32 Turbo 300ZX...THAT will scare you. Or engine work on most Audi's.....

Ha. Been there, done that. Not a Turbo, though, which I imagine is 10 times worse. I had to replace the Idle Air Control Valve on that engine, and that location (between the engine and the fire wall with about a 1/2" of room to work) was a nightmare. An inspection mirror and a magnetic retrieval tool should come in the glovebox of those cars, along with a 10 MM wrench.

Can anyone post side by side pictures of the Monsoon and Hammerhead for the OP to find out what engine he has. I know he has been looking or this for a few days, and I feel like I hosed up his thread.

Nah he should have all the info he needs. Between my pic and the oil tip he should know. If it's not mine, and he knows that he has a monsoon and hh. Then he is good to go.

I've worked on cars far worse than any V-drive engine compartment.

It this because they really have monsoon engines in those cars :woot: