Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weighing vlx problems

topherhill

I live in Provo, utah elevation 4500ft. Have a 2008 Vlx with a 340hp monsoon, prop acme 1235. Riding 20-23 mph at 3500rpm. Pretty much only wake boarding

Iv been trying to put in some extra weight in our boat and trying to get in dialed in with fat sacs, but Iv been having a problem with planing out.

I have 450's in the rear lockers and a 800 squeezed in the walk way right before the front. I had all the stock ballast full also (no wedge). I ended up totally empty both the back and the center stock ballast tanks to plane out, but leaving the front stock full, and still barley planing out. The wake felt really dialed like this though, but did take way to long to plane and had 2 of 4 of us had to sit in the front the whole time.

I want to be able to fill all stock ballast plus the 450s in the real lockers, and the 800 in the same spot. I dont want to throw it on the front seats, because my boat seems to take on water alot easier then others, even when driving super super careful. and tried the 800 up front filled to about 600, but made the wake smaller and super peaky.

What would my options be to be able to pull this. Cause I know many of you with vlx's are pulling well over this amount, but due to my elevation its a problem. What props would you suggest? or any other thoughts.

Thanks

I have the acme 1235 right now and it just isnt doing it. So i think ill try the 2315. Do you know if acme does trade ins on props?

I had the same problems with my 2006 vlx.I went to the 1235 and it did not work for me either.I am currently using the acme 2313 and Ilove it so far havent got to use it enough to give you a good solid review but i think it is going to work great.

I had the same problems with my 2006 vlx.I went to the 1235 and it did not work for me either.I am currently using the acme 2313 and Ilove it so far havent got to use it enough to give you a good solid review but i think it is going to work great.

At his elevation, I would bet he needs the 2315. I have the 2313 and it is great but the highest elevation I boat is 730 ft. At 4,500 ft he needs a very aggressive prop... Either he 2315 or 2419

At his elevation, I would bet he needs the 2315. I have the 2313 and it is great but the highest elevation I boat is 730 ft. At 4,500 ft he needs a very aggressive prop... Either he 2315 or 2419

What of those two props would be the best for my situation and out of the two which one gets better gas efficiency? and are they both 15in?

Yes both are 15 inch props and 12 inch pitch, the 2315 has a cup of .105 and the 2419 has a cup of .075. The 2315 will give you slightly better fuel economy

Edited by BlackBluMalibu

Sorry, guess I should read the whole post....lol. Missed that part. You can probably find plenty of folks that would buy the 1235 from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does it help at all if you put the 800lbs in the bow(further forward)? I have found with my 06 VLX you get a nice wake(nothing crazy) with just a 650lb sac up front and a 400lb v-drive sac right in front of the rear seat with full MLS and wedge 2 clicks up from the bottom. That planes easy with my 383ci hammerhead and 1273 prop at 3500ft elevation.

I know you don't want the weight up front but I think that is what its going to take. From my experience you might get a taller looking wake with more weight in the mid and rear of the boat, but its got a thicker lip and more push with weight up front. You do have to be careful coming off plane to not sink the nose, but that 400lb sac infront of the seats helps, with two 400lb sacs in the rear locker it should be no issue.

Edited by black06VLX