Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

18" neck and dry suit fit

Chef23

Anybody have an 18" neck and a dry suit. I am concerned about the neck seal strangling me. I am 6' tall and about 230lbs and it looks like I will need a XXL. Most of them say they fit 17 or 17.5" necks. I want to make sure I get something that seals but doesn't strangle me.

Anybody have an 18" neck and a dry suit. I am concerned about the neck seal strangling me. I am 6' tall and about 230lbs and it looks like I will need a XXL. Most of them say they fit 17 or 17.5" necks. I want to make sure I get something that seals but doesn't strangle me.

IIRC most have rings around the neck that us full figured fellas can use to trim the neck to make it accomidate our girth. (may not be recommended, but I do not see why it would not work...)

Patrick

I'm 6'7" and 275 i have a xxl and I needed to cut the neck so that it is not killing me. If You are interested i have it for sale. Its about 4 years old. Bear white and black in good shape.

Later

LT

Shocking.gif

Are you shocked about my weight or my neck size :lol:

:lol: neck size, must have been a power lifter.

Unfortunately just a guy with a big neck. If I was a power lifter it would be really scary. Even when I weighed 185 pounds playing soccer I still had a 17.5" neck.

I'm 5'10", 230lbs, 18" neck. I damn near died the first time I put on my dry suit. It kept the water out, but it also tried to keep me from getting any air in. Fortunately neck muscles work both ways. Because it's so uncomfortable, I only use the drysuit in survival situations. My 100 degree rule got waivered down to 80 Biggrin.gif

What size and type of dry suit did you buy??

What do you ski in down to the 80* rule?

Yes, I have trimmed the neck on a dry suit or two. Not at all hard to do, just be careful not to trim to much. I used a razor knife to cut it.

/Steve

IIRC most have rings around the neck that us full figured fellas can use to trim the neck to make it accomidate our girth. (may not be recommended, but I do not see why it would not work...)

Patrick

I also have a large neck. And must of been hung in another life? Cant stand anything around my neck just put a ball in the neck seal to stretch it out have done this with 3 diff suits over the years has worked out great (used a small kids volleyball ?Shocking.gif

Lt,

I sent you a pm about your suit.

If you still have it let me know!

Thanks,

Danadog

I'm 6'7" and 275 i have a xxl and I needed to cut the neck so that it is not killing me. If You are interested i have it for sale. Its about 4 years old. Bear white and black in good shape.

Later

LT

Im glad that I am not the only one with this problem... and I only have a 17" neck. I would rather wear wetsuit top with arms.

Patrick

Feceplant is exactly right, the rubber necks are made to be trimed. In fact my Bare came with instructions on how to trim. Stick a big pop bottle or the like in the neck and follow ring around with an Xacto knife or blade. Just do a little at a time so you don't make it too big. Good luck.

Patrick

Feceplant

is exactly right, the rubber necks are made to be trimed. In fact my Bare came with instructions on how to trim. Stick a big pop bottle or the like in the neck and follow ring around with an Xacto knife or blade. Just do a little at a time so you don't make it too big. Good luck.

...is that like calling me a poophead?????

Tongue.gif

Pat