Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

illusion x bushing replacement

snaponman2908

Do one side at a time. Pull the rear pin and just crack the tower fwd. slide a 2x4 wrapped in a towel between the base and the tower. Loosen and remove the front pivot bolt while someone holds the tower against the 2x4. Wen the bolt comes out have your helper attempt to bring the tower back up to the "up" position. Then put the pin in the other side. The bushing will now be exposed and you can tap it out with a hammer and punch with the tower resting on the 2x4.

Once the bushing is in place, remove the pin from the other side and bring the tower back to the down position with your helper. Put the pivot bolt back through. Tighten and your done. Repeat the same process on the opposite side.

Do one side at a time. Pull the rear pin and just crack the tower fwd. slide a 2x4 wrapped in a towel between the base and the tower. Loosen and remove the front pivot bolt while someone holds the tower against the 2x4. Wen the bolt comes out have your helper attempt to bring the tower back up to the "up" position. Then put the pin in the other side. The bushing will now be exposed and you can tap it out with a hammer and punch with the tower resting on the 2x4.

Once the bushing is in place, remove the pin from the other side and bring the tower back to the down position with your helper. Put the pivot bolt back through. Tighten and your done. Repeat the same process on the opposite side.

That is how I did mine a few weeks ago. I ended up doing all for. It really made all the difference in the world with how tight the tower is now. But man can those things be any more expensive????

Search the web for "igus" . That's who makes the bushings. Surprising how cheap they are from the source. I don't know if the ones in the link are the correct ones, but the originals have a part # on them you can match up.

Don't forget who hooked you up!

http://www.igus.com/wpck/default.aspx?Pagename=igubal_Gelenklager_KGLM_mm&C=US&L=en

Search the web for "igus" . That's who makes the bushings. Surprising how cheap they are from the source. I don't know if the ones in the link are the correct ones, but the originals have a part # on them you can match up.

Don't forget who hooked you up!

http://www.igus.com/wpck/default.aspx?Pagename=igubal_Gelenklager_KGLM_mm&C=US&L=en

Damn you Bobby... Where were you a few weeks ago :) Shot I should by them from then and then send them back to Bakes and same my self a lot of $. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I know this is an ancient post, but I don;t want to waste money. Anyone know the correct size for the release bushing? I found the KGLI-08 for the front, not sure about the back. Do I need to buy anything else?

I know this is an ancient post, but I don;t want to waste money. Anyone know the correct size for the release bushing? I found the KGLI-08 for the front, not sure about the back. Do I need to buy anything else?

:plus1: anyone know whats needed on the release pin side?