Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution Cover for Classic Sunsetter LXI experiences?

Lieutenant Dan

Anyone out there have an Evolution Cover they use for a '99-'04 Sunsetter LXI?

My Westland Cover finally gave up the ghost after 10 years of use and am considering an upgrade but am wondering if there are going to be any issues, e.g. water pooling, for this model. My boat has the Skylon Swoop tower.

Thanks!

Edited by Lieutenant Dan

Typically it depends on the attitude of the boat & how hard it's raining. If the boat is on level ground or water, then the water tends to run off in almost any rain. But if the boat is facing downhill, then the cover from the windshield to the transom is pretty level, then the rain can pool up with even a small amount of rain.

Ask Cory to include the D-ring on the top, underneath your tower. Then you can attached a bungee to it to help it pool up under any conditions.

• 6 months later...

I bought an Evolution cover from Cory last year for my 2002 Sunsetter and I could not be happier with the product and the customer service. Cory is great to deal with and the cover was worth every penny. They are built very well and easy to put on. I highly recommend Cory and Evolution Covers.

@bwhitfield85 Nice. Just wondering....did you get any cut-outs for cleats, i.e. for tying up overnight at a dock? If so, are you happy with them? I'm wondering if they present any problems....Just getting ready to put in an order with Cory and trying to decide how fancy to get...

Lt. Dan hope you don't mind me asking - For those who have one, is the evolution cover one that you can cover from inside the boat, working your way around to the transom and then finishing there? Or do you need to access the sides of the boat? We are considering getting a slip and debating whether we use a lift with a good cover or keep it under a lift with a canopy.

Lt. Dan hope you don't mind me asking - For those who have one, is the evolution cover one that you can cover from inside the boat, working your way around to the transom and then finishing there? Or do you need to access the sides of the boat? We are considering getting a slip and debating whether we use a lift with a good cover or keep it under a lift with a canopy.

The pics I remember of the Echelon owner that got one showed the rear straps on the grab handle and tie down rings. It leaves the transom and platform exposed, but looks like it would be able to be installed and then tightened while standing on the platform.

• Like 1

I did not get any cutouts for popup cleats LT Dan I thought about it but the boat is usually under cover when at the lake so the cover is just lightly secured to the boat.

Get the D ring to attach it to your tower and use it from the get go, there is always the chance a hard rain will come and it will pool between the windshield and the transom as mine did, stretched a little bit. You have to have the boat pitched back as much as possible also. I also wish I had flaps made to cover the transom from the sun as the cover connects to the grab handles in the back. Other than that good cover.

+1 for wrench monkey. Cory is really good about hemming it in as necessary too. I think as close as he likes to come he errs a little on the big side so he can do that. He hemmed mine in after my first season and its really good now. D-ring helps a lot. It's by far the best cover I have ever worked with, and I have had 15 years experience working at/around different customers boats.