Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wife wants to do a wakesurf 360.

Badger

We have a Liquid Force Venture 5' board. Without going into the wake size too much (front, center, and rear) in a '04 Sunscape, is it even possible on this board? Should I take the fin off the bottom?

All of the different board types and styles just baffle me and I don't even really know where to start.

2 fin or 3 fin.

Make it a 2 fin

I'm guessing with rope to start. So tell her to ride for a few min front to back. (to get comfortable) Then grab the rope handle with the back hand (hand furtherest from the boat) ride up about 3/4 of the way up the front of the wave (in the front where the wave is developing right behind the boat) Then make the turn by having the rope with your back hand as it starts getting tight it will help her make the turn and is one less thing she has to do while making the turn. Also she can doe this almost standing up doesn't need to be fully down. If rope less needs to be fully down and tell her to the wave as she does it (this will make her fill more comfortable. Good luck.

You can watch a video in my library. Page 4, last row, second one

http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/Bradley_Thornton2012/library/?sort=3&page=4

Got it to work this time. Thanks, we'll try that. Someone had suggest wrapping the rope around us, which didn't sound like a great idea. This looks a bit more safe.

Anyone have any comments about the board itself? I'm also taking note of the comments in the other 360 thread active right now.

Edited by Badger
  • 4 weeks later...

Depends on the type of 360 she is trying to do... Skim style or surf style is she using a hand in the water to initiate the turn? If so the board may be a little large. But with a surf style 360 she should be good... Should....