Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just Got Our First Malibu!

blandband

My wife and I our the proud new owners of a 2013 24mxz with the 555hp LSA. Just need some advice on anything we need for the boat. We are avid boaters and have owned an I/O for the past few years, so the general stuff we already have. One of my main questions is what prop are you guys running for wakesurfing on the big engine? I am looking at getting another prop so I have a backup and wanted to tap into the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I am not too worried top end speed. We never ran much over 40mph in the old boat. Full ballast plus sacks in the back lockers plus a few people will be normal setup.

My wife and I our the proud new owners of a 2013 24mxz with the 555hp LSA. Just need some advice on anything we need for the boat. We are avid boaters and have owned an I/O for the past few years, so the general stuff we already have. One of my main questions is what prop are you guys running for wakesurfing on the big engine? I am looking at getting another prop so I have a backup and wanted to tap into the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I am not too worried top end speed. We never ran much over 40mph in the old boat. Full ballast plus sacks in the back lockers plus a few people will be normal setup.

WOW...you went big!!! Awesome boat! Sorry, I do not have the experience to answer your questions. Hope to see pics.

I would call ACME for the prop question. A lot of guys here are running 14.5X14.5 (1235) however none (that I am aware of) have that motor.

As mentioned above lets see some pics.

EDIT:

Would NOT reccomend a 12 pitch prop on the 550. at about 25mph it will spin too fast and hit the rev limiter. You need that higher 13.5+ pitch because you have so much HP and torque.

Edited by nyryan2001
  • Like 3

I have the 2315 and I like it. It seems to perform best when the boat is balanced in water (bow is somewhat level instead of pointed up). However, we have the stock engine.

Check out my boat house for a few mods, especially the Chilled Out WakeView.

Now the only thing you need is baaaaallllllaaaasssssttttt :D

Also:

Pics%2BOr%2BIt%2BDidn%2527t%2BHappen.jpe

Congrats on the boat. I'm a fellow Okie and was just wondering where you bought the boat from?

Have fun with it.

Scott

We ended going to Arrowhead since they have a marina on eufaula that can service our boat. They gave us great trade on I/O and great discount on new. Granted this is our first bu and I will let everyone know if my experience with changes, but so far so good.

I would talk to both Acme and the folks at wakeprops.com

Due to the cost, most folks don't have the LSA. It is a whole different beast in terms of powerband and torque; that means what props that may work for a Monsoon or LS3 might not be the best choice for the LSA.

Amazing Looking! You have a boat there that will never go out of style. I am still in the process of buying mine. Nice Work!

Edited by Afun

I just rode with the Malibu rep today in his 24MXZ with the triple nickel (LSA). He says Acme 2419 if you plan to load the boat with lots of ballast. I'd still call ACME to get their recommendation.

Congrats on the 24, you'll love it! I've surfed with 4k pounds with the 1235 and the LS3 does not struggle. I'm taking out LF pros this Friday, so I will throw on the 2313 I have to see how it does wakeboarding.

We ended going to Arrowhead since they have a marina on eufaula that can service our boat. They gave us great trade on I/O and great discount on new. Granted this is our first bu and I will let everyone know if my experience with changes, but so far so good.

Come on down to Lawtonka for a day... And trust me... You chose the right dealer in the area.

Edited by nyryan2001