Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ebay reversible pumps

BlitzedVLX

They are the sliding vane pumps they sell at harbor freight tools.

I have one in the garage for random uses. They do ok if your needing to drain a water trough for livestock off a 4wheeler or truck battery.

I wouldn't let it near my boat.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-marine-utility-water-pump-94639.html

That pump is real cheap b'c I'm pretty sure it's not reversible.

they are reversable and use a sliding vane instead of a felxible impellar.

A sliding vane won't be as affected by running dry but these don't use a spring tentioner so they have the possibility of allowing water to pass through.

Slightly off topic but has anyone ever thought of putting in a second impeller pump running off the engine and using some valves to quickly fill/drain. I would think that would be lightening fast.

Slightly off topic but has anyone ever thought of putting in a second impeller pump running off the engine and using some valves to quickly fill/drain. I would think that would be lightening fast.

Why borrow trouble? Probably the reason that no one has thought of it.

Last thing I want in my boat is an impeller that is pumping water at 3600 RPM's into a rubber hose and that is closed.....recipe for disaster... Also, that water moving thru the impeller acts a a coolant to the impeller. Spinning that impeller in the same water....hot hot hot!!!!

Last thing I want in my boat is an impeller that is pumping water at 3600 RPM's into a rubber hose and that is closed.....recipe for disaster... Also, that water moving thru the impeller acts a a coolant to the impeller. Spinning that impeller in the same water....hot hot hot!!!!

I think you could use a diverter Y-valve instead. I also wouldn't want zero flow through the pump.

I think you could use a diverter Y-valve instead. I also wouldn't want zero flow through the pump.

Was thinking you could mount it on a spring tensioned pulley like a tensioner. It would be clipped away from the belt when not in use and engaged when needed.

Was thinking you could mount it on a spring tensioned pulley like a tensioner. It would be clipped away from the belt when not in use and engaged when needed.

1.) stop the boat

2.) ask people to move so that you can get to the engine hatch

3.) open up the engine hatch

4.) optional (tell the guy who swings by your boat that you don't need help and your engine fine - knowing that the real reason he came over was to see in you had any hot chicks on board and presented his dirty old man gimmick as "hey-you need help with that motor"

5.) flip the tensioner

6.) close that hatch

7.) start the boat

8.) fill the bag

9.) turn whatever valves need to be turned to let water in

10.) turn whatever vaaves need to turned to let water out

11.) stop boat

12.) move people again

13.) open engine hatch

14.) optional (same guy comes by again to get another view of the chicks and asks how fast does the boat go and is that tower for catching fish)

15.) flip the tensioner

16.) shut hatch

17.) start boat

or you could install a separate reversible pump per bag and simply flip the switch....

Or use the ones that have the built in solenoid actuated clutch similar to your A/C on your car.

Yes it has been done but cost is the main reason it's not done often.

Talk to the guys at wakemakers, they have helped a few. I almost bit the bullet but decided between the pump cost and bracket fab I'd stick with the factory pumps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHNSON-CLUTCH-PUMP-EL-MAG-12V-PULLEY-03454003-/271062469333

Just get a bracket made and plenty of plumbing.

I was going to use the pumps to fill via flow rite's cable operated valve, then have them gravity feed via the 1 1/8 flow rite fittings added to my bags.

Just think dual 1 1/8 lineswith a 1 1/8 vent filling my 1100's. Then dual 1 1/8's draining using another flow rite valve.

Edited by cowwboy

or you could install a separate reversible pump per bag and simply flip the switch....

And waste precious time on the water. At least you could use that time writing useless lists and injecting pointless steps in them :Tease3: .

Or use the ones that have the built in solenoid actuated clutch similar to your A/C on your car.

Yes it has been done but cost is the main reason it's not done often.

Talk to the guys at wakemakers, they have helped a few. I almost bit the bullet but decided between the pump cost and bracket fab I'd stick with the factory pumps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHNSON-CLUTCH-PUMP-EL-MAG-12V-PULLEY-03454003-/271062469333

Just get a bracket made and plenty of plumbing.

That's a solid idea. Cost would be a factor but I'm surprised this isn't a factory option as compared to going pure vert. Throw a couple valve solenoids in there too and you'd be all set with a reversible system. Anyone know what those raw water pumps put out at idle and up at speed?