Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

finding the correct prop...

Festivus

So when I tested/demo'd the 247 at the local dealership, I wasn't overly impressed with the hole shot and response to throttle in general. Compared with the other boat I tested that day, the X45, the 247 was a little sluggish. The dealer told me it was probably due to the prop, and I know the MC had an aftermarket prop. So now that my 247 is here, the dealer is promising me that he will find the perfect prop for our altitude (Denver-5280 + or - ). We have 2 new Acme props on the way to try, but if any of you have tinkered with yours and found a happpy medium b/n hole shot/top end, you could sure save me some time...

You could give Acme a call and they can help you out with some recommendations for your 247 and your altitude and application. I found them to be very helpful and knowledgeable in the past.

1-888-661-ACME

or e-mail form

Festivus,

So what are you running now? So we have a starting point. The rest of us probably not have your altitude.

I am at 2800ft and started with a 13.5x16 and it want a little more speed. Going to try 13.5x17 3blade and 13.5x17.5 4 blade. I have a hammerhead motor. What are your uses

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

The factory prop is on there, I haven't even taken delivery, so am not sure what that is, but I know it is the same as the one I tested. I sort of want a balance b/n hole shot and top end. We wakeboard and sky ski mostly. I also want to be able to get around adequately when at Lake Powell......

Has anyone had the chance to try the oj 14.25 x 14 xmp edge prop? Its supposed to be a good prop for wakeboard boats with 2000+ ballast.

Thanks Mike. Where have you been I have not seen you around lately!
A friend got me involved with a church in a very poor (think 3rd world country poor) neighborhood up in Oroville and I've been spending a lot of time up there and also working on coordinating some fund raising projects to benefit the church. It has been taking most of my extra time...but that's OK.