Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE)

Bradley Thornton

Mine should be here Any Day Now for my 2013 Wakesetter. I ordered the brand new one piece design. Here is a pic of the old version:

u5ymebyp.jpg

Edited by bunji169

What effect does the exhaust have on skiing or wake boarding wake . Also just hanging out or kids swimming close to swim platform

No exhaust while skiing and wake boarding also no change in wake. Last year my little girl was 3 and she used it to climb up on the platform at first the bubbles scared her then she didn't care. I don't think you would ever kick it or anything as have said it will be on every boat I own from here on out.

Mine should be here Any Day Now for my 2013 Wakesetter. I ordered the brand new one piece design. Here is a pic of the old version:u5ymebyp.jpg

Kevin, we're you experiencing co2 fumage or just looking to quiet the engine noise? Post up some pics when your done, I'm intrigued with how you end up liking it and if you notice a significant difference in noise and fumes. Did you have rubber flaps or turn down tips?

I have the turn down tips and I have never smelled fumes and the boat seems reasonably quiet when surfing. What was the cost of the fae?

FAE was around $500. Just seems such a small cost. I get a little exhaust, but not to much. I just figured for $500 if I get a little more noise reduction and less exhaust fumes, then what the heck. I currently have the turndowns which I could prob sell for a couple hundred bucks. They don't seem to make a significant difference. I'll definitely take pics and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bunji169

Ours was about $350, and we are going to install it this weekend hopefully. Should reduce the noise and CO2 a lot.

Cost difference is in the design and options.

First, if I had kids swimming around the boat my engine would be OFF. Just for safety. Without moving the Co2 is still going to come up and hang at the back of the boat. As for a kid kicking it while swimming, well that could happen but don't think it is any more dangerous then a wedge bracket.

The FAE is a great system and will reduce the engine noise tremendously. Plus the CO2 is pushed behind the boat. Everyone will have pro's and con's on any product but at the end of the day the FAE will reduce noise and CO2 from the boat area.

If you are looking to buy one, let me know and I'll set something up.

• Like 1

Mine should be here Any Day Now for my 2013 Wakesetter. I ordered the brand new one piece design. Here is a pic of the old version:

Bunji - I have seen the Nautique Surf Pipe which is a one-piece design because there is only one exhaust port. Can you explain or show pics of this new design that would work for Malibus?

Larry at FAE has been making them for years to fit Malibu with the wedge. D-Goose could prob get great pricing. Maybe a group buy. The Malibu with power wedge is one of the most complicated designs to manufacture. They just came out with the one piece design. Works the same and Looks similar to previous version, just all welded seems. No rubber sections or hose clamps.

post-9687-13974891941386_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost difference is in the design and options.

First, if I had kids swimming around the boat my engine would be OFF. Just for safety. Without moving the Co2 is still going to come up and hang at the back of the boat. As for a kid kicking it while swimming, well that could happen but don't think it is any more dangerous then a wedge bracket.

The FAE is a great system and will reduce the engine noise tremendously. Plus the CO2 is pushed behind the boat. Everyone will have pro's and con's on any product but at the end of the day the FAE will reduce noise and CO2 from the boat area.

If you are looking to buy one, let me know and I'll set something up.

We bought ours late december, and Got it in black so there was a discount there, and plus I used a discount code as well.

Some info link has the rest and pics

Going to update this one got the hose from West Marine for $187 bought 5ft I cut it in 2 1/2ft sections. I put it on the exhaust side (bottom side) first and add 3 clamps then bent it up and left it over night to let it get use to being bent. Then bent it to fit the motor side of the exhaust pipe had it just to the side of the exhaust to see how much I was going to have to cut off. On the passanger side I cut off 5 1/2in and on the driver side I cut off 4 1/2in maybe different for you just some info. After cutting I mounted it back on the exhaust side and clamped down the 3 clamps. Then installed on the motor side by all means getting it on the motor side was not easy didn't take long but I had to put out. After I had it on and was happy with it I added 2 clamps to that side. Because you have so many clamps on the silancer didn't see any reason not to use them on the new pipes. On a side note I put my hand in the silencer and I think it restricts way more than the FAE ever could has anyone ever cut one open I would cut mine but it works great and they are $445 new from bakes may sell and get a skim board. Haven't tried yet hope to today but it looks great and I have way more room. Read info below with pics

First off the silencer looks to be water goes in and then comes out but thats not how it works. It goes in the one pipe then goes around the other pipe in these little chambers and I guess comes out in the middle then goes over to the other pipes and out you can see a little in the pic but if you take it off and put your hand in it you will see what I am talking about.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48071-exhaust-hose-help/