Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Birds had fun with boat cover and

I store our boat on a lift with the factory Malibu cover on it. For some reason I have bird poo all over the cover and swim platform. This is odd as I have never had this happened in two years.

I am looking for tips on on how to clean the cover and swim platform.

Can I hang anything in boat lift area to keep birds from perching on the cables. I heard that hanging some fishing line might work. Ideas?

My cover and Bimini were their personal portajohn this past season. On the covers I took a pressure washer to them. I was amazed how well this worked. It looked like new and after a once-over I went the extra mile and took a brush/soap to it for anything I couldn't see. Mine was so bad I I considered replacing it until I tried the pressure washer.

As far as keeping the birds away I have had a lot of luck with the Bird Spider. I keep one on the back of the boat on top of the cover and one on top of the Bimini.

Hope this helps.

Also, prior to the bird spiders I hung string with CD's on the ends for the spinning effect and reflection. That failed big time and looked awful.

My cover and Bimini were their personal portajohn this past season. On the covers I took a pressure washer to them. I was amazed how well this worked. It looked like new and after a once-over I went the extra mile and took a brush/soap to it for anything I couldn't see. Mine was so bad I I considered replacing it until I tried the pressure washer.

As far as keeping the birds away I have had a lot of luck with the Bird Spider. I keep one on the back of the boat on top of the cover and one on top of the Bimini.

Hope this helps.

I was thinking pressure washer would work. Thanks for the advice.

Just a note on the pressure washing: It works great, but you'll want to put a coat of waterproofing on the cover after you're done. The pressure washer takes off everything.

I don't have any experience with the ultrasonic bird repellers; sorry.

To anyone having trouble with Geese Poo on their docks, 8 years after we first bought our lake house we had them overnighting on ours, after several mornings of cleaning the mess off, I got the idea of putting fishing line around tied to lights etc. they have not been back since. This was Canadian Geese, hate them, as for smaller birds we just put up with them, had a green Heron peck holes in our old Bayliner vinyl and the pontoon boat, had to patch a couple of dozen holes.