Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing Power Wedge Actuators

Looks like Saturday is going to be troubleshooting day since the lake is +4' and lots of trash floating.

When I tried to deploy the wedge a few weeks ago I noticed that the gauge did not move. After finally figuring out that I have a resettable 15 amp fuse located in the main fuse box I tried to deploy on Saturday and it popped the fuse again. After researching on TMC, I got up Sunday morning and was going to disconnect the actuators and see if they would operate. I started to remove the bolts but there was a LOT of tension/pressure on them. I was afraid that if I continued I could not get it back together before the family woke up and be without the boat all day. Just put everything back.

My nephew is driving and he hits the surf preset and I tell him that the wedge is broken. We surf for a couple of hours before I have to drive (nice break that rarely happens) and notice the wedge shows it is deployed. No wonder the wake is 10 times better than the day before. Of course when we try to bring the wedge up it gets about halfway and pops the fuse and is still in that position.

Does anyone remember if it was difficult to remove the bolts holding the actuator to the wedge? Would it be better to try and knock out the pin at the top of the actuator?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I reset the fuse a couple of times while my wife pushed the up button. You could hear the actuators move a little then the fuse operated. I did not try to lower the wedge again.