Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center Tank Air Bubble

BearCreekBum

I need to start by saying the only thing I know about ballast systems is that you push one button to fill and another button to drain.

We have a 2008 LSV with the standard center hard tank and it has never given us any problems. This year on the first outing I started filling the tank and after it got about half full (according to the display) water start coming out the overflow. Stopped the fill then drained for a few seconds and hit the fill again with the same results. Verified the tank was not even half full and then all of a sudden it sounded like a torpedo had hit the bottom of the boat. Should have seen the look on my wife's face. I assume that the trapped air in the tank found a way out the fill line because since then it has worked fine.

However, it did the same thing again this weekend but I could not get it to burp.

Any suggestions as to where I should start?

That's strange. I would find your vented loop and make sure the cap is screwed onto the top of it and that it's not clogged for starters. The vented loop should either be on the wall in your battery/amp/storage area on the port side, or in the heater/subwoofer area on the starboard side. Unhook one hose and make sure it's clear, after that, I'm not sure.....hopefully someone else weighs in with more information.

+1...Its got to be the vent loop... not sure of the 2008 model year but the 13s are in the starboard side sub woofer area... kinda hard to get to if you don't know where the screws are that hold the partition in place. Good luck and let us know what you find...