Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hard water spot remover choices

I have heard alot of good things about Boat Bling "Hot Sauce" and I have heard some good things about Performance Boat Candy "Speed Gloss"

Is one better than the other?

What does the "crew" use?

post-2645-0-49213600-1373504456_thumb.jp

post-2645-0-01794000-1373504479_thumb.jp

Did use Hot Sauce, Now switch to Speed Gloss and wont go back!!! I used the hot sauce for 2 seasons, and tried the speed gloss this year and tested them both after a trip to Shasta which the last 2 trips when I used the Hot sauce I still had to have my boat buffed out, This last trip only using the speed gloss, boat looks great just some minor spots but by no means a complete buff job, I have a mostly Black boat that will show everything,

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 2

I used hot sauce, still have over half a gallon actually. Worked pretty well but I'm pretty sure they had some vinegar in there. Switched to speed gloss. Can't say I tell a huge difference, the gel seems a bit smoother maybe after using SG. Doesn't smell of vinegar. IMO both do their job well (remove hard water spots). Hard to go wrong with either.

I live in Redding and mostly bring my boat to Lake Shasta. From all the reaserch I've done it has very hard water. We just purchased a 2013LSV and decided to try the Boat Bling series for the whole boat. I am pleasently surprised at how well all their products work. We use the hot sause everytime we leave the lake (new boat owners) and with our Red/Black colors the boat shines when were done.

Usually I'll wipe the inside and my wife will do the exterior. By the time I'm finished with the interior, she's just about done with the exterior.

Hope this helps!

(I am in no way affiliated with Boat Bling, although if they wanted to kick me down some free stuff I wouldn't bock at it ;) )

I've tried both. I like Speed Gloss or even Meguiars Ultimate Detailer. Speed Gloss is #1. Ultimate detailer #2 but it smells better. Don't get me wrong, Hot Sauce is pretty good, just like others better. After a bottle of Hot Sauce leaked in my truck, that was the nail in the coffin. Smells awful....

Speed Gloss is the way to go and buy the gallon when you purchase it. You wont be disappointed.

Edited by bcf2003

I use Hot Sauce and actually quite enjoy the citrus fragrance. Works beautifully on my boat, so I tried it on my truck but didn't get nearly as good a result.

I've used Meguiars Ultimate Detailer for years just bought the Candy based on the hype here. Over the 4th of July weekend we got in late one night and made a attempt to wipe the boat down at midnight...needless to say the water spots the next morning and for the reminder of the weekend were a pain. I have high hopes for SG!

I regularly go to the water-spotting-est lake ever. It actually makes me laugh that people think Shasta is bad at all.

I like boat bling but its expensive. Found this stuff from a recommendation from another forum:

http://www.pacificprodux.com/ZipMistWipeSpecialOffer-idv-214-15.html

About half the price of hot sauce and It really really works (and smells suspiciously just like boat bling hot sauce).

Just starting using speed gloss this season, I dont care for the smell of it, but it does remove the water spots at the end of the day.

note: if you already have waterspots that are etched in these products wont help you. Starting with a clean gelcoat is the key and preventing them. If you have severe spots you need something more aggressive like a mild rubbing compound, then a good wax, then use any of the above products regulary.

• Like 1

I regularly go to the water-spotting-est lake ever. It actually makes me laugh that people think Shasta is bad at all.

I like boat bling but its expensive. Found this stuff from a recommendation from another forum:

http://www.pacificprodux.com/ZipMistWipeSpecialOffer-idv-214-15.html

About half the price of hot sauce and It really really works (and smells suspiciously just like boat bling hot sauce).

Well compared to our crystal clean and Cold lakes Shasta is that bad, I have not made it out to the worlds hardest water lake tour yet, LOL

Shawn- pls follow up and let us know how well that stuff works. you have used both the hot sauce and the Speed gloss to be able to compare right?

for some reason this year spots are killing me. kinda bad on the gel, but they buff out with a little wax....straight terrible on the glass. vinegar, glass cleaner, nothing seems to work well.

Ryan it's e.x.a.c.t.l.y. the same as boat bling down to the color and the smell. I just RE-ordered, four gallons this time instead of two. I'm down to the last half of my second gallon from the first order (ordered about this time last year). The pacific produx diamond mist works great. period.