Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Crew Introduction and Research

DAI

Shop them both. Though if you're in Southern WI, you really have two good ones to choose from so I wouldn't really recommend one over the other from a service perspective.

Shop them both. Though if you're in Southern WI, you really have two good ones to choose from so I wouldn't really recommend one over the other from a service perspective.

I've heard one in my area is terrible with service. Won't say who it is on the site since I don't have direct experience. But glad to hear I have options given my location.

Hey guys on that heated seat it would be pretty easy to wire it up with a timer relay that cuts power after the ignition is off. You could even be really generous and give yourself 30 minutes or so. Check out the PAC TR7 Pro.

(From a very jelly regular old cold seat guy... But I do have two heaters and three hot tubes!)

Hey thanks, I will look into that. This is what I was thinking of:

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-PLSW26-Safety-Racing-Toggle/dp/B000GTMUUI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373666424&sr=8-1&keywords=safety+rocker+switch

That would work great too.

Simple, and it's sort of tucked away one a reverse angle panel which is why it is so hard to see when it is switched on by mistake.

One more note on the VLX, I have a 2013 (also had a 2011 w/253 hours)...I have spent quite a bit of time in the VLX... the VLX can easily handle 4 adults and 4 kids, no problems at all there. I had 12 people on my boat the other day, 6 adults and 6 kids (2 teenagers). I have everything hidden (ballast - bags) and all surf and wakeboards up on the racks and everyone had a comfortable seat. We spent about 9 hours on the water that day, and everyone still liked each other at the end of the day. If your crew is going to be 8 people with a mix of adults and kids the VLX will handle it, if you are always going to be taking 10+ people than I would recommend the LSV.

Would definitely recommend the following upgrades:

-Quad board racks

-GPS Malibu cruise or Zero Off (Would not recommend the paddlewheel, you will be disappointed)

-Power wedge

-Snap out carpet

-Quad ballast

-Surf ballast (I would install your own Johnson pumps over the PnP - but if you cant do this then get the PnP at minimum)

-ACME 2315 or 1235 Prop

-Walk over transom cover

-Maliview/mtc (I think this is standard)

-Wake Jak (will help keep the rope off your passengers and boards on the racks)

-3 Vent heater

-Surfgate (once you experience this there is no going back)

-Base stereo and install your own aftermarket - Malibu is now known for there stereo installs, you can get a much better system for the same price they will charge you from aftermarket installation

Good luck on your decision, LSV or VLX you cant go wrong with either....

WOW! Thank you everyone for all the input. Great stuff, but my decision process took a couple steps backward; a lot more thinking to do. But rather do an $80k purchase right. I am checking out a VLX (again) this weekend to see the lounge size.

This picture was taken abord @wakesetter67 '10 VLX. 10 aboard I believe, with two in the bow not picture. All adults, and I didn't feel crowded. Hope this helps.

IMG_6434_zps62633c17.jpg

Edited by MCObray

@ mlange - Thanks for the heads up on the demo. I definitely check that out, but I'm currently 4 hours north getting in some boarding time.

@Fman & MCObray - I quickly checked out an VLX at the local dealer up here yesterday with 4 adults and 3 kids. I was impressed with the amount of space left. Your comments and pics confirm for me that it will probably be the VLX, but will still demo both.

To clarify on malibu cruise paddlewheel the acceptable range from malibu is +/- 1-3 mph differencial from your setting. Using malibu cruise GPS yesterday I never broke +/- .5 mph of setting, even in choppy water conditions. Most of the time it was +/- .2 mph.... Just keep this in mind when ordering your boat options.

Edited by Fman
  • 1 year later...

I figured I would dig up my original post from over a year ago to say after years of stalking this site, I'm officially a member. This past Friday purchased a 2014 23 LSV. Thank you to the site for all the information provided not only in my original post, but other threads. Also thank you for 'helping me' spend WAY more than I anticipated with all the debate on 350 hp v 450 hp . . . I kid, rather do the purchase the right way.

Edited by DAI
  • Like 3

I figured I would dig up my original post from over a year ago to say after years of stalking this site, I'm officially a member. This past Friday purchased a 2014 23 LSV. Thank you to the site for all the information provided not only in my original post, but other threads. Also thank you for 'helping me' spend WAY more than I anticipated with all the debate on 350 hp v 450 hp . . . I kid, rather do the purchase the right way.

Congrats on the purchase! Post up some pics!!!

It was picked out of existing inventory, but here are the options:

- LS3 engine with closed cooling

- DeckADence mat

- MLS with bow and PnP

- Docking and underwater lights

- Surf Gate (of course)

- MDG and 2 tower speakers

- Decent amount of metal flake paint

Had it on the water only briefly this weekend. Plan on spending a lot of quality time getting to know it by extending an already long weekend.

• Like 2

I do not know how they are installed today, but on our '08 the heated drivers seat switch is a rocker switch installed in the side panel below the throttle, not tied into the MUX switches (is it tied into Malivue controls - IDK) , and it is really easy to accidently knock and turn the seat heater on, thereby efficiently draining the batteries. It is also difficult to see that it is on since the side panel is slanted away from you. This has happened 2x to me, both in the garage. The switch is going to get swapped out, in the meantime there is a piece of gum stuffed behind the rocker.

Just get a guarded switch...then you can sound cool when you flip the guard open and say "we're going weapons HOT!"

73210_primary.jpg

Post it to photobucket or a like site and link the photo here.

OK, I must be really tired because I can't find a link button or instructions on the site. Maybe my age is catching up to me.

Congrats on your purchase. Ordinarily we need pictures before we can assist you with "Investing" more money into your BU. However i will go out on a limb and say you need the following IMMEDIATELY.

1. Paid membership to TMC (discounts alone will pay for your membership.

2. Exile balls ((bakes)

3. PNP bags (wakemakers) Minimum 750's 1100's are better.

4. Sperrys

Again congrats on the BU....welcome aboard

Congrats on your purchase. Ordinarily we need pictures before we can assist you with "Investing" more money into your BU. However i will go out on a limb and say you need the following IMMEDIATELY. 1. Paid membership to TMC (discounts alone will pay for your membership.2. Exile balls ((bakes)3. PNP bags (wakemakers) Minimum 750's 1100's are better.4. Sperrys Again congrats on the BU....welcome aboard

1. Done

2. On the list to get

3. Have 500 in each, planning on upgrading in the spring

4. No shoes allowed in the boat ;)

1. Done

2. On the list to get

3. Have 500 in each, planning on upgrading in the spring

4. No shoes allowed in the boat ;)

Congratulations on the purchase!

Shoes are for the boat ramp and scare tactic, you've got some catching up to do on that topic though. Maybe someone will post the thread for you.

Congratulations on the purchase!

Shoes are for the boat ramp and scare tactic, you've got some catching up to do on that topic though. Maybe someone will post the thread for you.

I read Afun's first post . . . A classic in my mind