Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another opinion wanted, 08 LSV

Arick

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Malibu-Wakesetter-LSV-/251301844125?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item3a82c1d49d#ht_500wt_1182

Asking price says 52.5k.

I have a question out to the seller about what size motor and some more information. Currently this is all he/she has listed:

"2008 Malibu Wakesetter LSV

Boat is loaded with features and extra's. Has 163hrs, full wetsounds stereo gear on the tower and interior plus custom XXX sub mounting and WS420 mounting. Full LED interior lighting (blue). Underwater LED lights. 3 batteries with perko switch and onboard charger. Has bimini top and malibu cover included.

I will include all the surf sac's and two tsunami pumps.

Trailer is two tone boatmate with all LED lighting. Includes runway lighting and a lighted malibu logo on the side. Has matching spare tire (with custom rim)."

Here are my questions to the CREW:

1. Do you notice anything "bad" about the boat?

2. Is this a good price for the boat?

3. What else would I need to consider for this boat?

4. Can anyone

5. What is WS420 mounting?

6. What is a perko switch? I assume its something to switch between batteries in the event one dies...

Edited by Arick

How much is it? Ws420 is an EQ. I guess you would need to buy one. Find out what size the sacs are. Perko switch is to switch between batteries or run both.

How much is it? Ws420 is an EQ. I guess you would need to buy one. Find out what size the sacs are. Perko switch is to switch between batteries or run both.

Edited by Arick

Make sure the throttle control was repaired by Malibu, they had issues with it and warrantied them. You'll want to have the warranty transferred, to do so you'll have to have an authorized dealer inspect it and pay the cost of the inspection and transfer.

good deal for time of year for sure. 08 hull is the same as the current one. Has the "ugly" dash, which notably isn't pictured. really hard to tell whether it has bow ballast or not.

good deal for time of year for sure. 08 hull is the same as the current one. Has the "ugly" dash, which notably isn't pictured. really hard to tell whether it has bow ballast or not.

I think it does. I looks like it in the second picture.

Has the Monsoon engine. I'd make sure it hasn't been in saltwater, but likely not. That's a good price and looks clean. Low hours for an '08

Edited by mikeyg

Has the Monsoon engine. I'd make sure it hasn't been in saltwater, but likely not. That's a good price and looks clean. Low hours for an '08

Thats the 400hp motor? My knowledge is lacking.

340Hp. It has 4 ballast tanks. I`ve asked a few questions about the boat but shipping it would be a killer to my neck of the woods. Its a sharp looking boat. See if anyone on the crew lives in the area and can go have a look for you.

Edited by rammer998

340Hp. It has 4 ballast tanks. I`ve asked a few questions about the boat but shipping it would be a killer to my neck of the woods. Its a sharp looking boat. See if anyone on the crew lives in the area and can go have a look for you.

I thought I have read that with the LSV you would want the 400hp motor to help with surfing and getting the boat to plane out?

I thought I have read that with the LSV you would want the 400hp motor to help with surfing and getting the boat to plane out?

ACME 2315 Prop and you are good for everything except barefoot on that with 350.

Not gonna lie, looks like a great proce on a cherry boat.

Edited by nyryan2001

Agree it looks like someone built it nicely. Lots of time and money in the stereo and install.

Hopefully they took care of it after it was complete. Only flaw I see in the few pics is a scratch on one amp. Gear's gotta go somewhere right? You could put a lexan panel over the amp rack if you cared to.

Purchased my 09 LSV with 30 hours on it a month ago without the trailer for 48K. without a trailer. It had everything that you have on yours except probably not as nice of a stereo. Mine has the monsoon 350 and we have no problem surfing 1235 Acme prop. The trailer is a 5k adder. I love the colors good luck with your purchase. You might see what maintenance records the current owner has kept.

CB

looks very nice and clean - i noticed the smoked windscreen in the walk thru - that is nice.

one thing i notice missing that you want to add is the fire extinguisher - there is a mounting location for it on the side, above the drivers foot area. Required gear in some states.

I live in spring tx so if your serious and set it up I might could go see it in person.

I appreciate that, I am trying to get the sellers number so I can figure out some details. I will reach out to you if I get to that point. Thanks again

VPRacer appears to be selling the same boat on the classified section on this site. (just in case you wanted to hit him up via messenger) Just FYI.

I think this is the same boat.

Make sure the throttle control was repaired by Malibu, they had issues with it and warrantied them. You'll want to have the warranty transferred, to do so you'll have to have an authorized dealer inspect it and pay the cost of the inspection and transfer.

How long is the warranty on an 08? What parts can you transfer? Do you know how long you have to transfer after the purchase?