Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'06 Vride wakesurf question

DP167

I have an '06 Vride and we usually fill the surfside locker (750lb sac) and throw another 750 sac on the seat. I fill the mid tank and have the oversized 4 blade prop. I'm the second owner and the first owner took the manual wedge off and put a fresh air exhaust on it. I also just purchased another 400lb sac to play with also. Is it worth me purchasing another manual wedge or run with what I have?? My buddy has a 22v Tige and his wake seems easier to surf and it bothers me! Looking for input!!

Are you running any bow weight? If not put that 400 in the bow pushed over to the surf side. Wedges are spendy, play with the weight first.

I personally run the wedge on the same boat. IMHO if you can get away with not running the wedge you will get a longer wave. My 110lb daughter surfs forever with no wedge. I'm 210 and wish I didn't need the wedge.