Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got The VLX Dialed in!

Wakesetter67

Here are a few shots of our 2010 VLX, Full stock Ballast, No Wedge, 750Lb in the Right Locker and 10.6 MPH and of course everyone stacked on the side, Pre Surf gate!!

996809_10200631458207047_964508587_n_zps

478325_10200630516063494_1046848725_o_zp And thought I would try heelside on the Regular side,

1003834_10200630518743561_1972975193_n_z

• Like 2

Looks great, but correct me if I am wrong.... Aren't you a pigmy midget?

...Cold as ice.

I like it better with 12+ people displaced throughout the boat.

• Like 1

awesome wave.... did you do photo color editing or is your water really that color?

Yes our water is that Clean and that cold, Actually I think it was around 70 degrees, You can see about 20 feet down!!!

What was the config when you road regular side? How may people in the boat on top of the ballast (any sitting in the bow?). That is a great wave!

Same setup only left side. 7 People in boat, 10.6 No wedge

Nice looking wake! I tried not using the wedge today with SG and the wake had no push, definitely like it being all the way down.... I am also trying to surf heel side, its tough to figure out... beautiful lake!

• Like 1

What? No white caps or boats 20 feet behind you? This can't be Detroit...

The white caps were just around the corner, We were in there pretty early to avoid the rush!!!

What? No white caps or boats 20 feet behind you? This can't be Detroit...

The pictures make you think that lake is desolate, surprised to hear it gets that crowded. I can see why though, it looks absolutely beautiful.

The pictures make you think that lake is desolate, surprised to hear it gets that crowded. I can see why though, it looks absolutely beautiful.

We were out pretty early!!! Must beat the crowd, Although I enjoy Surfing in Busy waters, It adds a whole new element, Wake is there and then it's not, LOL It's a blast Love riding in cross wakes etc,

Yep, busy is an understatement. Detroit is a very clear lake, drained every year and refilled with snowmelt. Launched at Marigold SP many times. Always thought that a slalom course should have been installed in a Gates (the lake that Detroit flows into).

post-6-0-31233000-1373657027_thumb.jpg