Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If you had a budget of 62k, what will you buy?

Afun

Would it be a new Axis A22, Malibu IRide, used VLX, some 20 footer, or another brand wake boat? Let me here your ideas. I like wakesurfing, and 21foot boats. Would you buy in the middle of summer, or wait until winter? Please list the must have options.

Edited by Afun

Me personally, would go for the A22. I am partial to Axis for the money. And I would wait until October so you could get a 13' that really needs to be sold.

If that's your budget, I have what you're looking for :)

All will give you a good wake, so I'd imagine it just depends on the bells and whistles and the fit and finish you want

Edited by wakebrdr94

If that's your budget, I have what you're looking for :)

All will give you a good wake, so I'd imagine it just depends on the bells and whistles and the fit and finish you want

Used VLX?

If you really want a 21' surf boat, there are far better choices (at the expense of wakeboarding wake flexibility for sure) than the malibu or the axis.

Edited by shawndoggy

I really like the VLX in black, green accent, and white. I also like the idea of a new boat. The plug and play system makes sense to me too. I have some brand new sumo sacs...

I dislike the fact that the aggressive styling graphics of the VLX's will be outdated once the 14's come out. Not a real big deal, but I am thinking about everything.

I like the black too. I've considered it for the new boat I will order, but probably won't due to two things

1 where I boat it's typical to reach 110+ degrees, not sure if I want to get burned by the boat

2 even with how anal I am, I question how well I could maintain the hull when there is the eventual scratch or two, or just water spots. We have a dock in front of our house and wipe down everything above the water line at the end of the day. Maybe I'm too Anal, but someone with a black hull can chime in on that one. They do look awesome though

I'd simply keep saving until I could buy exactly what I wanted. 62G's is a lot to spend and not have EXACTLY what you want. My 2 cents.

I would not want to spend more. I would be extremely happy with a A22 or used VLX. I am falling in love with a A22 for sale in North Carolina in Orange and Blue Accents. The colors pop!

• Like 2

14' a22 with surfgate and pnp and 410 L96 motor. massive bow room and no need to lean the boat and ease of switching if you have multiple surfers on different sides as well as when you advance you can do transfers. wakeboard as well and swap over easily between them

14' a22 with surfgate and pnp and 410 L96 motor. massive bow room and no need to lean the boat and ease of switching if you have multiple surfers on different sides as well as when you advance you can do transfers. wakeboard as well and swap over easily between them

How much is that going to cost...It's going to be a classic Axis price creep. That purchase would be ideal

I would not want to spend more. I would be extremely happy with a A22 or used VLX. I am falling in love with a A22 for sale in North Carolina in Orange and Blue Accents. The colors pop!

Then it sounds like you are buying exactly what you want and you are done saving for it. I wasn't suggesting you need to be looking at more expensive boats, only that you shouldn't spend that much $$$ and not be buying exactly what you want.

My first boat was a 2008 Vride, which cost about $50k and was exactly what I wanted at the time. I was very happy with it for the last 5 years and it was hard to let her go this past winter.

If it's this one, I've seen it person and it's sharp! Great dealer to work with too....

http://www.grandpasmarine.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=01449091X7K8K2013J7I54I08JPMQ4064R0&veh=2872316&nv=y

ohhh man that is a hard boat to look at. the color is one that I think will harm resale value. maybe I am getting old..........

As mentioned earlier, if you're main concern is the wake, all will do a good job for you. If you want luxury, Malibu over the axis will be the way to go for you. I am not saying a new axis is not nice by any means, it's about what you want to live with. Do you want a power wedge? Do you want the Maliview? Do you want the g3 tower?

Any of the boats you mentioned will get you surfing, wakeboarding, whatever, but how much luxury do you want. With the motor upgrade, you will be going above 62. Boat show this past season A22 with standard equipment without a big stereo, or tower speakers, was at 56k. Add surfgate, probably 3k more, you're bigger motor, stereo, everything else your going to say you "have to have" you're going to go over that budget. Not to mention tax on top of that (depending on your state).

I really think the axis line is a nice boat, but I like the fit and finish of Malibu. So it comes down to personal presence and what you want.

ohhh man that is a hard boat to look at. the color is one that I think will harm resale value. maybe I am getting old..........

I live in Knoxville...TN Orange. People love that color here. 2014 AXIS WITH Surfgate...that's the way to go.

$50K for a small lakefront lot, $10k for early 90s Echelon LX, $1.9k for dock materials, $100 for beer for buddies to help build dock.

Where can I find a lot for $50k? I'm in. Nothing near those prices in this portion Of the country