Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need feedback on 2011 VLX currently for sale

exlonghorn

Folks, I am new to Malibu boats but I'm considering taking the leap on a 2011 VLX. I'd like to understand if the price is reasonable for the linked boat (asking $63.5k, hoping to pay less of course). I've read mostly very positive reviews, and this boat appears to have most of the available options (strange that I don't see front docking lights though). Thanks in advance for any help, advice, or thoughts you wish to share.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2011-Malibu-VLX-353791

Edited by exlonghorn

Folks, I am new to Malibu boats but I'm considering taking the leap on a 2011 VLX. I'd like to understand if the price is reasonable for the linked boat (asking $63.5k, hoping to pay less of course). I've read mostly very positive reviews, and this boat appears to have most of the available options (strange that I don't see front docking lights though). Thanks in advance for any help, advice, or thoughts you wish to share.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2011-Malibu-VLX-353791

But it is a good price for an 11. Seems to have all other options. Nice color combo too.

mirror is missing... $400 G3 Tower mirror or the windshield mounted one. Otherwise looks to be in good shape and well take care of. Inspect the engine area for excessive rust for evidence of salt use.

Nice looking boat and price is very reasonable starting point. Seems very well taken care. Don't let it slip by, the season is still hot and most dealers are selling the nice ones quik.

Looks nice, but no bow ballast.... huge difference in wakeboard and surf wake without a bow ballast. Boat looks very clean... that price seems good for peak season sale. I sold my 2011vlx with more options for $62k in January this year. But it was January...you could always make him an offer. And you could plumb in a front bow sac but it wont be tied into the maliview or mtc.

Looks like a really nice deal. I'd suggest the test drive, or at very least use "fake-a-lake" to check the engine oil after letting it run for awhile - don't want to end up buying something with a crack in the block and you find out you have water in your oil. also take him up on checking the dealer who did the service, make sure it's accurate. Other than that - have fun with a new 'bu!

Everyone, thanks very much for your expertise and attention to detail. I caught the fact that there appeared to be a second board mount but no rack, but I missed the missing front ballast and missing mirror (nyryan2001). The seller wrote "built in electric ballast tanks at each side, front and back, with extra aftermarket ballast tank and electric pump included for better surfing", and I read that to mean there was a front ballast tank.

For my education, how were you able to ID the fact that there wasn't a front tank?

353791_22.jpg?t=1141089

if you can see under the bow filler cushion there is no bow ballast (and corresponding bow storage, which some people see as a feature).

Okay, thanks...thought that might be the case because you see a pretty large enclosed area on other brands, often coming all the way back to the drivers seat.

Also, doesn't that look like the "missing" mirror flipped down in that picture?

Nice boat...I am in the mix right now. For that price you could get a new Axis A22 Nicely Optioned or a New Malibu Ride with nice options. It's all about Surf Gate. Spoke to dealer salesman today. He said to expect the 14's to be 10k more with the added surf gate and other options.

Nice boat...I am in the mix right now. For that price you could get a new Axis A22 Nicely Optioned or a New Malibu Ride with nice options. It's all about Surf Gate. Spoke to dealer salesman today. He said to expect the 14's to be 10k more with the added surf gate and other options.

Glad I bought a 2013 for SG upgrade, $10k more? thats crazy, they can also have those new wakesetter graphics, they look terrible... naked would look better.