Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Road debris guards for towing protection

Now that we've made an investment in a relatively new Malibu, I'd like to protect it while I'm towing her down the cinder riddled roads of Central Oregon.

I'm leaning towards buying additional mud flaps that hook onto the receiver. Looks like these will knock down almost anything that gets kicked up by the tires. What are people using? Any recommendations (specific products)?

Thanks!

Now that we've made an investment in a relatively new Malibu, I'd like to protect it while I'm towing her down the cinder riddled roads of Central Oregon.

I'm leaning towards buying additional mud flaps that hook onto the receiver. Looks like these will knock down almost anything that gets kicked up by the tires. What are people using? Any recommendations (specific products)?

Thanks!

I had a local upholstery shop build a custom bra for our XTi last season. This shop does a lot of boat related work, but had never done a "bra" for a ski/tow boat. They kept the boat for an afternoon to take measurements and to make sure the bra fit. I am very pleased with the result. It is made from Sunbrella material with a padded, water resistant padding to cushion any impacts from rocks, road debris, etc.

Cost me around $250, and I have included a picture below. Hope this helps, I am sure others will have more input on this topic.

G-Pac

A buddy on mine tows his M/C trailer with one of those mud flap systems. Ugly mud flaps I think they're ugly but I'm sure they do a better job than what I'm ordering. www.boatbra.net They make these with a carbon fiber look plus it can go under my cover. Maybe I can gets some pics if my boat ever gets here.

• 3 weeks later...

Look at the Overtons catalog. In there you'll find a hull shield. It's only 119.99. I was at the Malibu dealership last week and there was one on a BU there. It covered the front nicely. :)