Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Jack Wagon

mibarefooter

So we go out on the boat for 3 hrs on the 4th. I know not very long. But we have a 4 month old and had a party at the in laws to go to. We are mooring the boat for the weekend at a friends. I dropped the crew off at the dock to get the trailer and truck as I got the boat set. When we realized someone stole one of my LED brake lights. Why do people have to do this?

Someone stole my rear drain plug while boat was on the trailer. I know it was stolen as I NEVER took rear plugs out until after that incident. Of course I didn't realize it until after I launched and the bilge warning came on. Stay classy locals....

Are you sure it didn't just fall off?

I've found mine dangling by the connection before...so it's a possibility. I think Pete's onto something, because they're that easy to steal.

I actually carried the old incandescent tail lights with me as spares b'c it's so easy to pop out a 6" oval led tail light.

Are you sure it didn't just fall off?

Yeah,

I would have stolen both. So I'd have a back up.

Exactly, you would have thought both would have been stolen, but the whole situation is just weird as a whole. Of all the things to steal.... Desperate thieves.

That sucks! - I've also had two LED lights stolen while we were on the lake for a long weekend. Nothing like pulling up to the ramp at 8P to realize you don't have trailer lights and are planning a 4 hour drive home.

Like Pete, I now carry a spare set of incandescents in my tool kit.

Some asshat stole the tail lights and reverse lights off of one of my old 230 trailers at our local ramp. Grrrrrrr

Edited by Chattwake