Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My steering wheel upgrade (with pics)

Nitrousbird

I went from this:

f4im.jpg

To this:

piq3.jpg

This is NOT a direct swap I found out. Original steering wheel has 2.875" bolt spacing vs the Isotta 2.75". The Isotta uses 5mm bolts where the original uses 6mm. Had to get a 10mm thick adapter, M6x16mm allen bolts (and grind them down around the sides to fit in the adapter hole).

Nice improvement but not cheap. I've had an eBay search going for almost a year before I found a decent deal on this wheel. I now want to get the center cap from a '08 - '10 Corvette boat to finish off the look (with match the factory Corvette symbol in the seats nicely).

• Like 2

Nice. I have wanted to do this same upgrade. Looks great.

If you don't mind me asking...what kind of deal did you find on that Isotta? I look periodically and haven't found much out there.

Love the Isotta wheel. Did you get the throttle knob to match?

Still trying to find a good deal. I got the adapter for it already from Bakes, but not the knob yet (Isotta Viper).

I really wanted the Isotta Zulag ('08 - '10 boats I believe), but couldn't find a deal on it. If I do, I'll buy that and sell this wheel. That said, I really like this one as well.

The only thing that I don't like about the Zulag is the silver break in the wheel at the top. It would have been perfect to my eyes if they had made it black all the way around. It looks really good when it's on a Silver Edition boat because those boats have all of that silver accenting, but I would think that it would really look out of place on a SE boat. ICBW though.

EDIT: NM, I see that they make an all-black version. Love that.

MalibuNation

Nice.

Let me know if you find one of these:

" I now want to get the center cap from a '08 - '10 Corvette boat to finish off the look (with match the factory Corvette symbol in the seats nicely)"

I might want to add to my boat. Thanks!!