Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 23LSV Depth Finder

Just bought my first Malibu!! I was a centurion guy for the longest time.

Just spent a few hours on Koocanusa, awesome boat and lake.

Only issue is the depth finder does not work. PO said it never really did. It just keeps reading .5. Is the transducer on the star side, assuming the paddle wheel is on the port side?

Anyone have a cure, seems like a popular problem.

I have read a few posts that say making sure the wiring coming from the tranducer is not tangled will worK. Just looked at mine, it looks pretty good.

So I dont think that is my issue.

Holzy22 I'm not sure this will help, but I have a 05 LSV. I took my the boat to my local dealer just after I bought it, and this was one of the issues they ran down. On my boat there are three components to consider. 1) The Transducer - typically thru hull on stock installations. This is easy to test to see if it is producing a signal. 2) The Depth Finder Module - communicates the signal from the transducer to the display. 3) The display unit. On my dash, it is one if the displays one can cycle through.

My transducer worked fine. A new Depth Finder Module didn't help. The display unit was over a Grand to replace so I bailed on the fix. Still have no depth finder and need it badly, as my public lake varies greatly.

Perhaps this helps you.

Wow, seems like a pretty common problem. I too need it badly as I go to many different lakes. I will check with my dealer here and see what they have to say about it. Will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just got my Vride this week. Hate to hear this is a common problem. Mine does the same thing. It either shows 0.5 feet depth or 400 feet deep. I checked the transducer and it is tight on the hull. My dealer told me it was either the transducer being loose or the depth finder control module as someone mentioned above. I plan on calling Malibu on Monday to talk with one of their tech service guys about the issue. I will be happy to update you guys with what they say.

I don't want to go the through replacing things I don't have to.

A transducer runs around 175 from what I have seen. Anyone know what the depth finder control module costs? Trying to fix the problem the easiest way I can.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to turn the depth finder off? I have looked for a fuse but can't seem to find one.

Hi guys,

Just got my Vride this week. Hate to hear this is a common problem. Mine does the same thing. It either shows 0.5 feet depth or 400 feet deep. I checked the transducer and it is tight on the hull. My dealer told me it was either the transducer being loose or the depth finder control module as someone mentioned above. I plan on calling Malibu on Monday to talk with one of their tech service guys about the issue. I will be happy to update you guys with what they say.

I don't want to go the through replacing things I don't have to.

A transducer runs around 175 from what I have seen. Anyone know what the depth finder control module costs? Trying to fix the problem the easiest way I can.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to turn the depth finder off? I have looked for a fuse but can't seem to find one.

Hey guys, thought I would circle back on this.....per Malibu, it is what ATLWake said. Transducer, depth finder control module or the display.

I looked around and called my dealer....Bakes looks to be the cheapest on the depth finder control module. They want around $360 for one for my boat.

Looks like I will be going without a depth finder......

I've ALWAYS had this problem with our '03 LSV.

Even had the dealer put in a new transducer (including drilling a new hole in the boat) as well as a new module... still having the same problem and it doesn't seem like our local Malibu dealer can fix it.

So we run places we know and hope for the best :vomit:

Edited by Hammertime
  • 5 years later...

I have the same problem with my '06 23 lsv.. Mine works periodically but when it messes up it causes the alarm to go off. I have tried to turn the alarm off but it still beeps at me. Any one know how to disconnect it so it wont continue to beep at me?

TIA