Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

cooling question

I usually do all my work in the slip but need to do a prelim in the driveway.

I don't have a fake a lake.

Can I put a waterhose inside the feeder hose that goes to the raw water pump?

Do I do it before or after the tranny?

I'm just gonna run it to check for leaks from dewinterize.

I do it on my SLXi w/ Monsoon. I unhook the raw water hose at the through hull pick up and bend it up a bit and push a garden hose an inch or two in. It does help if you have someone who can turn on the water and increase/decrease flow as needed. This is on a DD. Not sure on a V drive but my tranny cooler is after the raw water pump. Maybe someone else can chime in as to any additional advice with the VDrive.

Thanx guys

I did it the same - disconnected a hose at the thru hull and dropped it in there - this is before the tranny - worked great.

I just turned it on until it was overflowing a little bit. My waterhose was stuffed in about 3 or 4 inches and then wrapped with a towel.

I take the nasty end of a plunger off the stick and put the hose into it. Then support it with a couple 2x4's over the intake, turn the water all the way up and all is good.