Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windshield Clasp?

I rode in a 2013 MC X-Statr today and loved the clasp they have to secure the windshield in the open position. Does anybody know if Malibu offers this as an add on option? I would like to add this to our 2013 MXZ.

Is Boat US still around? When I was there long ago they had an extensive inventory of stainless steel hardware of every description. How about a site for cabinet makers supplies?

Can you post a pic of the clasp when you get a chance. Would love to see it.

Yeah, I will try and do that in the next day or so. It beats closing the window and securing it when you have passengers up front.

Here's a picture of the latch that I was referencing recently. This seems so simple and something that I want to add to the boat. Keeping the window open and secured ought to be a standard feature.

0601C9B3-3B0C-4C72-A41D-8A4637EF9762-186

30041A39-2BBC-41BA-A611-BD9948B114B9-186

Why are you driving with the window open.

Because any roller you hit while floating can't really open it to the extent of breaking. (they usually are heavy enough to barely move)

I do come from boats with the mirror mainly on the center window, but it's designed to be shut when under way, so that's why we don't have the clasp to keep it open. If you really want to keep it open then I'm sure there's more than a few latches that would fit.

But now to close the window that's another thing you have to walk to the bow to access and unclasp. It sounds like more of a PITA than it's worth. only my .02 sorry to argue against it.

Keeping the window open is nice as people want to move back and forth through the boat. I always secure the window closed to keep it from bouncing around but we're constantly opening and closing. I did not realize i wanted this until I saw it on the X-Star.