Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Here at the Tige Dealer...

Afun

Whew, tough crowd this week around here. LoL!

While I do not care for the colors, tige does make a good looking boat. There are several on my lake and growing. They seem to surf well and have good quality materials.

As for tower, it doesn't look as good as the RZR tower. The axis tower won't win any beauty contests either....

As for tower, it doesn't look as good as the RZR tower. The axis tower won't win any beauty contests either....

Axis isn't considered a premium boat either.

Define value...Can't ski that boat, can't barefoot behind that boat, can't have a surfable wake in 3 minutes with that boat. No value to me, just sayin'. For a nice looking cruiser, it would be very nice and I like the interiors.

Your point isn't really valid. It's a wakeboard boat so you can't ski or barefoot behind it. Maybe you can. It wouldnt do well in a bass fishing tournament either. You could easily set it up to surf in 5 mins.

The value is for the price you can not buy a new boat that will not feel like a value boat, and surf/wakeboard as well. If you can name it.. A20 isn't that boat.

Value is value no matter the brand

Edited by Indyxc

It's got premium boat prices.

An Axis has premium boat prices? Haven't we covered this already? Name one brand that is cheaper...just one.

Your point isn't really valid. It's a wakeboard boat so you can't ski or barefoot behind it. Maybe you can. It wouldnt do well in a bass fishing tournament either. You could easily set it up to surf in 5 mins.

The value is for the price you can not buy a new boat that will not feel like a value boat, and surf/wakeboard as well. If you can name it.. A20 isn't that boat.

Value is value no matter the brand

Well an A20 and VTX manage to wakeboard, barefoot, and slalom, so you're point isn't valid either?

So a 5.0 in a "wakeboarding boat" which will severely limit ballast or passengers and struggle more than a less expensive Axis which comes with more power does not fele less like a value boat because it has a "nicer" (debatable) interior? Not for me. Seems like an underpowered cruiser if its intention was to be a wakeboard boat. If the R20 holds itself out as a wakeboad boat (as you say it is), in my OPINION, it fails at that given its performance limitations. An Axis holds itself out as being a value priced wakeboarding machine, it excels at that.

Value is the monetary worth of something. I specifically said value "to me". A $50,000 boat, basically stripped, with a 5.0 is of no value "to me". I'd much rather spend same for an Axis (less, actually) or pony up a little more for a VTX. I've done both.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

Let me take a guess and say you've never been in a tige r20?

I've been in a a20, vtx and r20. If you say those slalom so can then r20. The wake is very similar between all 3.

You're right the value is personal. I just find your arguement interesting because i bet you've never been in a r20.

An Axis has premium boat prices? Haven't we covered this already? Name one brand that is cheaper...just one.

We have covered it. Those real inexpensive Axis boats are like unicorns. Peace... 85

We have covered it. Those real inexpensive Axis boats are like unicorns. Peace... 85

Actually they're at your dealer. If axis is "premium" priced as you say it is, then you therefore MUST be of the opinion that there is nothing BUT premium prices being charged for any brand...hardly the case. It would appear you just conclude its a premium price because 50k is still a lot of money, without taking into account the market. Just because all airplanes are expensive doesn't mean that every one is a "premium" price.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="85 Barefoot" data-cid="618316" data-time="1373037117">

It's got premium boat prices.

Moomba

Let me take a guess and say you've never been in a tige r20?

I've been in a a20, vtx and r20. If you say those slalom so can then r20. The wake is very similar between all 3.

You're right the value is personal. I just find your arguement interesting because i bet you've never been in a r20.

Ridden in one, no, been in one, yes. VTX is certifed to pull slalom tournaments for crying out loud. Hardly ANY vdrives can go fast enough to barefoot other than malibu and with a 5.0 ain't no way that r20 will.

Here's what I KNOW without driving an R20, it has less factory ballast than an axis or VTX, less power, no surfgate, no wake ENHANCEMENT hardware (TAPS does not increase anything), and will not go fast enough or perform well-enough to so what I...(notice the use of the word I)...need a boat to do if I wanted a 20 foot vdrive. Comparison is not teh same with a Z3 or the like. Different comparison and different needs. But shopping this 51 k tige for what I would want out of a 20' vdrive is pointless.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="85 Barefoot" data-cid="618316" data-time="1373037117">

Moomba

Call your moomba dealer, say you want a boat specced precisely like an axis and you will find it is not cheaper. For one, you will have to start with the mojo, and add several options to even get it comparable to a bone stock axis. 2 2012 mojos for sale I found...2012 mind you...both used, one 55, one 60. You could get into a 2012 Axis A22 NEW all day long for under that.

How much will a trailer add to that price?

no kidding....and the racks are not listed and the price is $150 shy of 52. So realistically its going for 56 minimum w trailer if in fact it did not have one. No thank u.

I toured their plant in Abilene a few weeks ago. I was pretty impressed. Although I was impressed when I toured Malibu too.

My First Direct drive was a Tige, I bought it after I Toured their Abilene plant in 1999. Boat did me right for 13 seasons! Must say I'm lovin' the 'bu more!

These debates are funny. Just like the in the tow vehicle threads I will point out that everyone's needs are different. Someone will take that boat home and be extremely happy with it because it fits their needs. They will be able to sell it just fine to someone else. Remember, we are one group of Malibu owners and that means we have one thing in common. Malibu builds a boat that fits our needs.

You can get a low optioned r20 like the one listed here with trailer for low 50s otd.

I here it has a good surf wake...when it comes down to it...it's all about surf gate. I want it.

My friend closed on a Tige Z3 a few weeks back and I have been through the entire boat. The build quality on Tige is phenomenal. Take note, they are not going anywhere.

My friend bought a Tige Z3 as well. We brought our MXZ up to Lake Cascade. He paid 12k more than me. Here are the facts

-MXZ has bigger pump hoses and bigger pumps. It takes the Z3 3 times as long to fill its bags than I can fill my hard tanks.

-The cup holders of the Z3 DO NOT accomodate average size drinks, cups or bottles because of a stupid decorative stainless feature.

-Vinyl looks quality but it not. The Z3 has thick vinyl coverings but the fit and finish of it is subpar. My friend had to replace 2 seat covers after his intial purchase.

-The small cramped coolers on the rear similar to the MXZ are useless for any contents other than maybe 2 or 3 soda cans

-The surf wave on the Z3 is nice and long, the wakeboarding wake is subpar at best. This is a comment from the owner mind you.

-The TIge wrap put on by the dealership is already delaminating

-The board racks dont lock when pulled in

-The rear bin covers open towards the water vs. toward the interior of the boat and are awkward to store items in because of this. Any sizable items have to be held out over the water.

Just his two cents.

Edited by saidainc

I didn't realize anyone ever offering the POS 5.0 (305) in an inboard, let alone currently. Awful. I guarantee that motor's HP is overrated by PCM as well.