Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 21 VLX 75k a good price

Atmbuilds

There is absolutely no way to know if that is a good price without a complete list of options. You would be WAY better off to focus on percentage off of MSRP. That way you can compare one deal to another without adding it all up.

So your saying at least 10k off the 75k I just dont know if the dealership will go for that should I try. Again I appreciate all the info

Low $70s on westcoast is a great price on a new vlx. Would caution you about low balling your dealer, not a great way to start your relationship. Your dealer is a huge part of ownership.

Edited by Fman

Personally, I think that is a good price... buying boats is not like buying a car... you could give a rip about a car dealership... if your car breaks down you can take it anywhere... boats are a different story.

Most boat dealers put there best customers in front of the line if something happens during summer months... Paying an extra $2k over what you want could pay off huge if you ever need somethinf from your dealer.

Just my .02...

Even a "basic" equipped VLX with surfgate, 75 is a pretty good deal. As FMan said, dealers do different things for "better" customers. If a guy is buying a new boat every year or two, he's going to get a better deal (usually) than a guy who buys one every ten years. I think that goes without saying for almost any business. Also, no one except a few really know what cost is on the boat.

A good relationship with your dealer can do wonders for you if an issue arises. Maybe off a little less, but don't insult him

Edited by wakebrdr94
  • Like 1