Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge blows fuse.

Hey All -

Every few sessions, my power wedge blows the 20a fuse leading to the Lenco control box. Anybody else have this issue? Local dealer has not been that helpful and I don't want to haul my boat out of the water if it is something I can fix myself.

Thanks everyone - have a safe 4th weekend,

TJD

Happend to me when I forgot to put the wedge up to the stowed position and tried to put it up while under way. This happened on one of my first outings (newbie mistake :lol: ). Could it be that you put it up past the full wedge position?

Hmm, I may have tried to stow the wedge while running at surf speed today. We had a young surfer in tow and the wave was a little too steep for him. Will stowing the wedge while going any more than wake speed cause the fuse to blow?

If that's the answer, I'll feel like an idiot but I'll also be relieved that there is not a problem.

Thanks

I had mine stuck in the down position. Got on the Internet on my phone (love that option) and searched, then decided to call a dealer. There is a fuse panel under the dash, remove the cover and there is a blue fuse with a reset button in the middle. Push the reset and hopefully your trouble will be fixed.

2008 Response LXi