Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Happy 4th July

tuslake

Well it will be raining here until Sunday. So much for those plans of launching the boat at 8am and staying out until 8pm.

About to park myself on the couch and kill some wakeboard DVDs.

Happy 4th of July.....rain, rain amd more rain at Gulf Coast. Never been to the beach when it has rained so much! Looks like we will be heading back to the movies again today. Enjoy and stay safe.

First time doing a brisket, its been on since 7am. Bacon for the baked beans and chicken for those who don't lile meat. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

20130704_162017_zpsd32f0f4a.jpg

Sent from my T.E.D. 'Toilet Entertainment Device'

Worked today. More than making up for it this weekend! For those of you who will be on the water and going big, remember this......beer is nature's air bag!

Today has been a GREAT 4th of July! Weather here in the NW can be iffy for the 4th and we often joke that summer starts on July 5th, but today it was yet another great weather day in a week long stretch of sunshine!

Got up at 5:30AM and went to work organizing and cleaning the yard, had the boat out on the water at 8:30 with my boss and his family for their first real boating experience...always great to see young kids excited about boating. I let them 'drive' the boat and they loved it! Was off the water by 10:30 just in time cause as I was pulling out a jet ski was putting in :) Went to a parade with some family and co-workers, then it was back home to tend to my smoker and prepare dinner. Beef brisket turned out better then I expected and was a huge hit! Everyone has headed home and I'm wiped and ready for bed. By far one of the best 4th's we've had in years!

Old grumpy in me...I hope the fireworks don't keep me up tonight :lol:

First time doing a brisket, its been on since 7am. Bacon for the baked beans and chicken for those who don't lile meat. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

20130704_162017_zpsd32f0f4a.jpg

All on the Lil Tex! I love my Traeger! Pizza is one of my favs on there too!

I almost did pulled pork but have been wanting to try a brisket for a long time now. Hope it turned out great!

Stevo, what do you put in the can? Just water? Apple juice?

Water in the can, apple juice in the spray bottle.Spray it down every 1/2 hr or so Edited by Stevo

All on the Lil Tex! I love my Traeger! Pizza is one of my favs on there too!

Haven't tried the pizza yet, how do you make it ? Pizza stone?

Not to jack this thread into the pellet smoker thread....but curious..

Stones work well. I usually just put it onto some foil. I even like frozen pizzas off of it. Makes a cheap dinner, that tastes better than delivery!

So yesterday this Bear decided to try and grab some leftovers out of the traeger... 1st time in 20+ yrs I've seen a bear around our Cabin, Luckily my wife startled him off our deck when she realized there was a bear right outside the windows and set off her verbal wake up call..

the video is of a neighbors yard where a dog spooks the bear and he jumps up the tree. Bear much larger than appears in the video...

Edited by Stevo