Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop question and noise reduction

So I have a 1997 sunsetter lx with the 320 monsoon motor

It is running a stainless 13x13 I would like to lower the RPM a little some prop help would be great

I went on the wake prop site and they where calling for a 13x12 which I would think would raise my rpm more

Boat runs well but is loud Overton doesn't seem to have an insulation kit anymore so a link would be great if any one knows of a place

Switching to a new Acme prop 515, or 525, or the OJ equivalent will be a noticeable improvement. If your spinning one of those oem SS props that throw blades, switching now could save you some big trouble.

You can insulate your doghouse without a kit. used http://www.lowes.com/pd_13353-56291-ST16025_4294858104__?productId=1014123&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FgoToProdList%3Dtrue%26Ns%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo= and some spray adhesive.

It wont stop the exhaust noise just the motor noise.