Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 VLX LCR motor software version

Does any one know if there is a flash for my boat for high idle? It's the original flash from 2004.

I'm having high idle issues sometimes. The IAC and TPS were swapped a few years ago but I still get it. I'm leaning towards swapping the IAC again but those babies are expensive. The dealership says they don't know if it needs a update until it comes in.

Thanks

Dave

IMO you still have a hardware issue like a bad IAC. Software can only react to inputs from the things it's hooked up to.

Pull the IAC and while holding your finger on the end of it, have someone key up the boat. If it moves it's out it's probably working. If no movement it's probably bad. Don't try this alone cause if it's working and you don't have a finger on the end it will shoot out and be messed up permanently.

My monsoon has an idle flair issue. Other '03's have had a software update, so there is one out there for my motor. I just have not pursued it hard enough.

I haven't looked at the PCV Valve yet. The thing is driving me nuts.

I might try and find a PCV Valve at the autoparts store this weekend.

I also need to see if the hole that the IAC valve goes in is dirty.