Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Latest Maliview software version

I will find out more info in the morning when I head down, he mentioned some surfgate glitch fixes, and pre-set updates... I have not experienced any glitches with this boat, but I figure I mind as well get the newest version to eliminate any future headaches.

Ah, preset updates, i'm having some minor glitches. Can't save a modified preset. Lost a preset completely yesterday, goofy things like that. I'll check my release ver. Tonight. Please keep me posted on what your dealer has to say. Thx.

Not complaing though, the presets work very well, i'm happy with the performance. Seem to be one of those typical SW stability Issues.

One thing we all have to remember. there are two possibilities in your boat. there is the Maliview Screen and then there is the Malibu Touch Command Screen.

I pulled my version releases out of each one and here is what I got.

Maliview:

Maliview MY2013E-Control v2

Malibu Touch:

SmartTouch EVAL v10

Hummmmm Wonder is there are some differences between the boat types regarding software releases,

won't think so.

Fman, I think you maybe looking at the release version for your Malibu Touch Screen not Maliview ???

daylorb, how did they sent you the update, via email??? then you copied onto a USB stick and did an upload on your Malibu Touch Screen?

I just got the latest Firmware Upgrade sent to me from my dealer.

Here is the quote from the email

Subject: FW: Model Year 2013 Software Update

Attached is a software update for the 2013 MEFI-6 Malibu Viper V17 (ViperApp v17) and Touch v13 (SmartTouch v13). Currently we are using 2013 Viper V16 and Touch V12.

Listed below are some of the primary changes included in this software. Bugs fixed in Viper v17, Touch v13

MaliView

Added Hours to the Gauge display on the MaliView. This will primarily help VTX owners with the new dash setup

Mobile Device Gateway

o Enhancements to system improve connectivity issues*

*Please note that we will release a separate memo regarding an update to the Mobile Device Gateway module. Both the software update and updated module will alleviate all Mobile Device Gateway connectivity issues.

Daylorb.

Make sure your USB drive is completely erased. NO other files!!! Unzip the firmware files and copy onto the USB Stick. Then youre good to go!

Next post will have the PDF document steps from Malibu!

• Like 1

This is from the Malibu pdf that came from the dealer.

How to Reflash Malibu Viper and Touch

MODEL YEAR 2013

Viper V17, Touch V13

1. RECOMMENDED jump drive is the KINGSTON jump drive included in the Malibu Owners bag

2. On your Windows based computer (do not use Apple computer), remove all embedded software on the stick. Open the .zip files included on the dealers siteViper V17 and Touch V13. Copy and paste both .mem files onto the jump drive.

3. Insert the jump drive into the Viper port located under the dash. It is a grey/black USB port, see pic.

o Go to the Setup page on the MaliView

o Select Update MaliView

o The MaliView will say Reading, then it will say Programming. The Programming process will take 3-5 minutes. Once it is complete, the screen will reboot. Remove the stick.

4. Insert the jump drive into the touch screen port located under the dash next to the Touch Screen. It is a white USB port, see pic.

o Got to the Setup page on the Touch Screen

o Select Update Touch Screen

o The MaliView will say Reading, then it will say Programming. The Programming process will take 1-2 minutes. Once it is complete, the screen will reboot. Remove the stick

5. On the MaliView, select Setup, then select Reset Factory Settings

o Complete one full power cycle

6. On the Touch Screen, select Switch, then Setup, then Reset Factory Settings

o Complete one full power cycle

7. If the boat has Surf Gates

o On the Touch Screen, enter the startup code (default code is 1-2-3-4)

o On the MaliView, select Setup, then select Surf Gate Calibration. You will hear both Surf Gate Rams free spinning. Select the On/off/enter button. The Surf Gates are now ready to be used.

8. If boat has Mobile Device Gateway

o On the Touch Screen, select Switch, then select Setup, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Setup Mobile Device Gateway. Check the box for Mobile Device Gateway.

9. If the boat has Navigation

o On the Touch Screen, select Switch, then select Setup, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Navigation. Check the box for Navigation.

Edit: I have yet to flash my software, so I can't validate this process myself.

Maybe one of the TMC Administrators could make this article a Sticky in Tech & DIY Article Discussions

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1

I just got the latest Firmware Upgrade sent to me from my dealer.

Here is the quote from the email

Subject: FW: Model Year 2013 Software Update

Attached is a software update for the 2013 MEFI-6 Malibu Viper V17 (ViperApp v17) and Touch v13 (SmartTouch v13). Currently we are using 2013 Viper V16 and Touch V12.

Listed below are some of the primary changes included in this software. Bugs fixed in Viper v17, Touch v13

MaliView

Added Hours to the Gauge display on the MaliView. This will primarily help VTX owners with the new dash setup

Mobile Device Gateway

o Enhancements to system improve connectivity issues*

*Please note that we will release a separate memo regarding an update to the Mobile Device Gateway module. Both the software update and updated module will alleviate all Mobile Device Gateway connectivity issues.

Daylorb.

Make sure your USB drive is completely erased. NO other files!!! Unzip the firmware files and copy onto the USB Stick. Then youre good to go!

Next post will have the PDF document steps from Malibu!

Awesome - so those look like different versions than the dealer sent to me. Do you have the files? Looks like the mobile connectivity is still going to be a problem until a special release that is yet to be completed?

Awesome - so those look like different versions than the dealer sent to me. Do you have the files? Looks like the mobile connectivity is still going to be a problem until a special release that is yet to be completed?

You should be able to get the latest two flash releases from your dealer. Get him to email them to you.

Remember there is one for Malivew and one for Malibu Touch.

I emailed him on Tuesday when this topic got started asking for the latest version - no reply as of yet.

Is there a reason you won't share the files?

Edited by daylorb

I emailed him on Tuesday when this topic got started asking for the latest version - no reply as of yet.

Is there a reason you won't share the files?

Sorry, wasn't my intent to make it sound like I won't share. :oops:

PM sent.

• 10 months later...

Can anybody give me an update what the latest/current software version for a Maliview is please?

Is the version specific to the boat model?

Edited by Punyelroo
  • 2 weeks later...

My dealer doesn't seem to be able to locate those updates, can anyone send me those files?

I have these files, V13 for MTC, V17 for Viper, if anyone needs them. Just PM me an email address. Not sure if they are model specific. I have a 2013 LSV.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
14 hours ago, kirkslawek said:

could anyone send me the updates? Thanks kirkslawek(at)gmail(dot)com

Make sure you get the correct updates for your boat. There are different ones for year and the engine installed, MEFI6 vs EControls.

Best case, the wrong update will cause issues that prevent you from using your boat. Worst case you brick your screen and may not be able to reflash it to recover.

I recommend contacting a dealer to make sure you get the correct ones.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
More info.
  • 1 year later...