Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ouch, dont jump off back of boat when in reverse

DenverBu

I feel bad for the guy. Maybe it was one of his idiot buddies who shoved him off the back of the boat as a joke or something stupid like that.... you just never know

• Like 2

most likely an I/O as well. Not saying it couldn't happen with an inboard, but my I/O always scared me when the kids were jumping off the back with the engine off. There is no way a competent operator of an I/O boat would allow anyone on that swimplatform with the meat grinder running back there.

It was a yellow calibra that ran him over. Appears he jumped in to swim while they were backing. Mostly kids in their early 20's and late teens. They tried to run once it happened.

Unbelievable and sickening that no one in the boat tried to help the guy - THEY ALSO TRIED TO RUN. Sad that there's some lawyer at this guy's bedside? I'd be SEEKING one and I would sue for as much as I could - every single person in that boat for everything they were worth. Please put yourself in this guy's shoes before blaming the "sue happy united states" - sometimes suing is the right thing to do and in this case he is more than justified. If it were me I would expect at least a million dollar payout or time in jail for every single person on that boat for not helping. They should be charged with murder for not helping. Disgusting and depressing.

Romans 12:19 I'd be terrified to face the wrath of God for that one.

• Like 1

I'd like to know the whole story, but wow, no help from those on the boat?!!?

As for suing, did this guy jump before he was told to? If so, the only person he should sue is Darwin...

I'd like to know the whole story, but wow, no help from those on the boat?!!?

As for suing, did this guy jump before he was told to? If so, the only person he should sue is Darwin...

Eye witness accounts in this video will tell you the whole story

Lets say you were the guy who jumped out behind the boat and it was all your fault. You're telling me you wouldn't still legally pursue every single person in that boat for doing *nothing* and trying to run away and leave you to die? It may have totally been his mistake for jumping in, but the reaction of all occupants of that boat (and there were many) is inexcusable. If those 4 girls didn't happen to randomly be nearby on shore and willing to help, that guy would have been dead. You don't take major lacerations and make it unless people act quickly - you'll just bleed out. If he lives I hope he goes after them, hard.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

It doesn't tell the whole story because we have no idea what happened on the boat. All we know is the boat backed over him, and what occurred from that point, on the beach. There is no information of what happened on the boat before/during/after. I would agree the people on the boat are scum for not helping, but there is always the case of panic setting in. What is the time from impact to when the girls pulled him out? 1 minute, 10 minutes? Did the people on the boat have time to calm and go into a rescue situation? Do they even know what to do to rescue this guy? Did they know he was that hurt or did they think he was messing around? There are a lot of unanswered questions. But again, I would agree that the people on the boat should have done something. Their capabilities at the time however are unknown.