Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Free Oil Changes

A couple weeks ago, I was prowling around the local Nautique dealer in Orlando killing time, and I see a "mobile inboard ski boat repair" truck on the lot. I was curious as to what he would charge for different services, so I give him a call. He was a bit pricey, but mentioned that the local Nautique dealer does not charge to change the oil in a ski boat, any ski boat.

So I go by there today and schedule my free oil change. I told the guy twice "but it's a Malibu." Didn't matter. As he was scheduling it he wrote down LOF, which I'm assuming means Lube, Oil, Filter. So I guess the filter is free too, although I don't know what he plans on lubing. What a nice service to provide, and they are about 3 minutes from my house!

While I was waiting, I did check out a new 206 in the showroom. Wow, what a good looking boat. It was white/black with the "old school" SKI NAUTIQUE down the sides, and it looked sharp. I didn't bother to ask the price...

Wait until you go to pick up your boat and find out it "needs" a bunch of work, that they will happily do for ... cha-ching mucho dinero.

If that happens, I'll thank them for my oil and promptly tow the boat to my Malibu dealer...and I put the boat in the water today for the first time in a few months to see if it would still run for me this summer, and the way it started and ran, I'm confident it needs no work right now! It turned over maybe 2 revolutions before it fired right up.

Dang, who's the brains running that operation.......... I can see providing free oil changes for customers who bought a boat there....... but that just plain Crazy.gif

Wow, that's amazing that a dealer would do a free LOF on any boat. The lube they did may have been the rudder box or wheel bearings?

Today, I did my first mobile ski boat service call. (MobileSkiBoatService.com) (still under construction) and believe me, if I go with this as an actual business, I'm going to charge what the dealer does for me to come to you. I spent 6 hrs. at this guys house just to change the oil and do a few other things. The upside is, I did everything to a "T".

Wow, that's amazing that a dealer would do a free LOF on any boat. The lube they did may have been the rudder box or wheel bearings?

Today, I did my first mobile ski boat service call. (MobileSkiBoatService.com) (still under construction) and believe me, if I go with this as an actual business, I'm going to charge what the dealer does for me to come to you. I spent 6 hrs. at this guys house just to change the oil and do a few other things. The upside is, I did everything to a "T".

Let me know what areas of the Bay area you'll be working, I'ld let you change the oil in my boat in a heartbeat!

I'm mobile and available now.

This is just a side thing for now. I'm not insured or have a business license yet. I need to see if this will take off or not.

Unfortunately, you're a little to G.U. Maybe if I'm planning on being in the area or something. BTW, extra charge for M.C.

I'm sure with word of mouth it will take off. Heck you got a lot of BU guys down south :)

Too bad your not willing to do MC's, I could have gotten you some referrals Surprised.gif

Pete,

It is about time, you started up the boat service...

Congrats, the only reason it won't take off is lack of desire. If you really want it to take off, it will.

Best of luck,

Joe