Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing tranny fluid?

Ok. Last time I used the turkey baster and it was a pain in the butt. Would one of these pumps that you attach to a drill work for changing the tranny juice? I don't need a heavy duty oil pump for changing the oil. Just the tranny fluid.

I picked this baby up at West Marine when I changed my tranny fluid. Sucked it right up with no problems at all. I might not have bought it if I had to pay the full price of $64... I picked it up when it was on sale for $42.

Oil boy fluid extractor

You might try to go by one of those Jiffy Lube type places and see if they'll suck it out for you.

I use the little drill pump for both my oil and tranny fluid changes. The key is reducing the size of the hose so you can get it way down to the bottom of the transmission. The connector on the drill pump is a regular garden hose connector. They make those plastic quick connectors for garden hoses. You can use the male one of those and get a pretty small hose on it. That works for me.

Has anyone tried to siphon the fluid out by running a tube from the tranny out the bilge drain hole? I would think it might actually work even though I've never tried it. I used a drill mounted oil pump to suck it out in the past.

I built a receiver out of an old garden sprayer that I hook my shop vac to and suck out the fluid. The can separates out the fluid and I don't get any oil in my vac. Works pretty good, but I don't think it would pass ASME codes.

I tried to siphon the oil out of my engine once and it didn't work. I even tried to warm the engine, took off the valve cover caps to make sure there was no airlock, still didn't siphon out. The drill pump works well for me.

I use a miti-vac. At most automotive stores for around $30. Comes in handy for a lot of jobs. Brake/clutch bleeding, trans fluid, v-drive oil, etc.

I built a receiver out of an old garden sprayer that I hook my shop vac to and suck out the fluid. The can separates out the fluid and I don't get any oil in my vac. Works pretty good, but I don't think it would pass ASME codes.

Garden SPrayer?? I like this idea. Do you have a pic of this contraption?? Thumbup.gif