Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Tenn. Grows

Lakenut

Very interesting. I noticed the article also said that MC will introduce 3 new products in May. Could one of those be a barefoot boat? Dontknow.gif

Nice. I say in 5 years or less a new loaded BU with all the fixins will cost 100K.

You aren't kidding! They jumped 10K in my area this year just because of a delaer switch.

The plant will launch three new boat models from Loudon's expanded facilities - Response LXI, 245 XTI and Vride - all wake board and ski boats.

What's a 245 XTI?

Edited by UWSkier
Very interesting. I noticed the article also said that MC will introduce 3 new products in May. Could one of those be a barefoot boat? Dontknow.gif

I think Mastercraft is starting to get into the ocean/fishing boat industry more. I know one of their boats is the CSX which is a center console boat. With them introducing this, I wouldn't be suprised if the other two new boats are variations on this. But who knows? Dontknow.gif

Nice. I say in 5 years or less a new loaded BU with all the fixins will cost 100K.

You aren't kidding! They jumped 10K in my area this year just because of a dealer switch.

I don't think that jump can be attributed entirely ot a dealer switch.

That said, I still find it interesting.....and it's just one of the reasons why I have a problem with them telling me which dealer I should go to.

Bryan down here at Atlanta Inboard sold a TON of boats at the show. They have a lot of guys there that are very personable and at the same time, very knowledgeable of the products.

Edited by Headhunter 2317
The plant will launch three new boat models from Loudon's expanded facilities - Response LXI, 245 XTI and Vride - all wake board and ski boats.

What's a 245 XTI?

not to mention that the other 2 (Response Lxi and Vride) are not "new boat models"

I also hear they have a new CNC machine going in when the addition is done, something about cutting vinyl I think.

I can also tell you Mastercraft is NOT coming out with a barefoot boat.

Thanks for bursting my bubble. Cry.gif

I know. It was just wishful thinking. The barefoot boat is a thing of the past. Hopefully, the 3-event boats won't be next.

They were planning that expansion two years ago, its just now coming to realization. They are really cramped there and plan to revamp some of the lines to be more streamline.

What specialty parts do you think the new machine shop will turn out?

I heard it was gonna be CNC keys.

So, that way, they can charge what the car dealers get for a key. Crazy.gif

they'll most likely be doing alloy things like pylon and head

Pylons, wedges, billet dash, etc. These are all done in CA right now and then shipped to TN.