Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blower vent mod

JasonK

Anyone have any ideas on how I can keep water from entering my blower/vent holes on the back of my transom? When we ballast for surfing, we can't stop without the water coming right up to the top of the vent holes(or worse with an amatuer driver). I can't come up with anything that would work and look good.

Only one hole is the blower output. the other are for circulation. Two of them dump right on top of my fuel tank.

I have that problem when I am fully loaded and surfing. The way we deal with it is to not stop so fast or pulling the throttle back fast. Let the boat slow down some so that the wave doesn't come crashing into the back.

Couple of ideas. Maybe something similar to the exhaust flapper, but not I'm sure if the blower has enough umph to push the flapper open. Another idea that won't prevent the problem, but maybe save the blower, is to make sure the hose has extra slack that hangs below the level of the blower and poke small holes in it to allow the water to drain into the bilge. If the holes are small enough, it shouldn't affect the function of the blower.

Got any pics of the backside of your boat that are higher res than your avatar? I have a bunch of ideas to do this for V drives, but without a good pic of your boat, I don't know if it'll work.

I think you can solve the problem with just driving technique...If you cut the power slowly and initiate a full rudder turn immediately toward the non-surf side, the stern will come around and away from the wake surge with the high stern quarter absorbing the wake.