Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

titan III tower barefoot boom

cowboybarefooter

does any body have or use a barefoot boom from the titan 111 tower are they hard to set up on boat mine should be here friday.

shouldn't be a problem. Provided there's space between the windshield and the rear tower foot.

If there is for some reason a problem, Barefoot international makes a tower boom that i know for a fact works with a titan 3

does any body have or use a barefoot boom from the titan 111 tower are they hard to set up on boat mine should be here friday.

If you are asking if you can use a boom with a Titan tower, the answer is yes. I have a Titan I on my SLxi and a BI double contour boom. The combination works well, just make sure that the cables that connect to the bow eye are tight enough that the boom will never touch the mounting bracket of the tower. Mine has no problems.

BTW - I run my boom off the drivers side, but should work on the passenger side as well.

thanks everyone for their replies i ordered a tower boom for my titan iii tower just arrived yesterday and pick up my new sunscape fri -sat just wondered if any body has my same set up and if works well cant wait to try when wheather warms up.

• 1 month later...
thanks everyone for their replies i ordered a tower boom for my titan iii tower just arrived yesterday and pick up my new sunscape fri -sat just wondered if any body has my same set up and if works well cant wait to try when wheather warms up.

Hey CowboyBarefooter. I have a Sunscape with Titan II tower and was thinking of selling my quad v boom to get a tower boom. How does yours work? Is it easy to attach and remove the two support bars? Thanks-

Hey CowboyBarefooter. I have a Sunscape with Titan II tower and was thinking of selling my quad v boom to get a tower boom. How does yours work? Is it easy to attach and remove the two support bars? Thanks-

the hardest part is setting it up corectly the arms can be hard to remove i have been on trial and errer my top bracket for the boom came down and my powder coat on tower got scratched i think i get it fixed i have my boom coming of my passanger side of boat when i get out on boom it really makes my boat lean but if you angle your boom toward the front of the boat 30 degrees it will keep you out of boat spray.

the hardest part is setting it up corectly the arms can be hard to remove i have been on trial and errer my top bracket for the boom came down and my powder coat on tower got scratched i think i get it fixed i have my boom coming of my passanger side of boat when i get out on boom it really makes my boat lean but if you angle your boom toward the front of the boat 30 degrees it will keep you out of boat spray.

I installed mine while the boat was on the trailer. It was a lot easier to get the brackets and supports adjusted. I went with the passenger side also. It makes putting the boom on and taking it off a lil easier.

You might want to paint marking stripes on the supports and boom once you have everything lined up.

The boom is perpendicular to the boat but at an angle. ( angled up in the air)

Spray has never been an issue on my boat (04 VLX).

Once you have it set up properly and marked, is it difficult to put it on and take off out in the middle of the lake? Is it a two person job? It appears that you can leave the two support arms on the main boom, but keeping the the two supports from hitting the boat while you are putting the main bar into the large pin clamp seems like it would take a few more hands? (And I'm pretty sure these aren't gonna float if they are dropped) Cry.gif

Any insight before I pay 7 bills would be greatly appreciated!!

Once you have it set up properly and marked, is it difficult to put it on and take off out in the middle of the lake? Is it a two person job? It appears that you can leave the two support arms on the main boom, but keeping the the two supports from hitting the boat while you are putting the main bar into the large pin clamp seems like it would take a few more hands? (And I'm pretty sure these aren't gonna float if they are dropped) Cry.gif

Any insight before I pay 7 bills would be greatly appreciated!!

definitely a 2 person task.

I leave the support arms attached to the boom and fold them up towards the end of the boom.

Place the main bar into the clamp. The second person puts the pin in.

Then using the supports arms lower the boom and line up the back support arm into its clamp.

Second person inserts pin.

Place the last support arm into its clamp and insert pin.

Get into the water and and extend boom until it locks into place and second person attaches bow cable.

Adjust the upper supports to tightend the bow cable and I'm ready to go.

To take it off I just reverse the process.

Hope this helps.

Ken

I have an 06 Response LXi with a Titan III tower. I purchased a boom for the LXi from Scarpa. There is enough room for the for the boom to fit between the tower and end of the windshield. I find it more difficult to put the boom on than past booms because it has to fit between the tower and windshield. On past boats I would attach the first section to the pylon then place it completely vertical. I would then insert the 2nd section while the boom was vertical. I now have to assemble the entire boom then attach it to the pylon. Certainly can be done, but it is more of a pain.

Thanks for the detail KenW, I appreciate it! I may just stick with my Quad Vdrive boom for now. It takes up the corner seat in my boat, but I can take it on and off fairly easy. Plus it's very easy to shimmy out the bar and just plant 'em and go.

Have you had any stress cracks on your fiberglass from the additional weight on the tower when you have a bigger guy on the end of the boom?

Thanks for the detail KenW, I appreciate it! I may just stick with my Quad Vdrive boom for now. It takes up the corner seat in my boat, but I can take it on and off fairly easy. Plus it's very easy to shimmy out the bar and just plant 'em and go.

Have you had any stress cracks on your fiberglass from the additional weight on the tower when you have a bigger guy on the end of the boom?

No Stress cracks yet. I am the only one who has been on it. I weight 190.

Since I have the bimini it is kinda awkward jumping out while the boat is moving.

When I use the boom 90% of the time is with the 5' rope.

Ken