Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass question

grnautique

I am debating about adding perfect pass this spring. From what I have seen, it looks like wakeboard pro would be adequate for my needs. We are skiers not wakeboarders but we are recreational skiers only and do not ski competitively. Is there something I am missing that I should consider upgrading to the digital pro? Also, I know I don't want to downgrade to cruise as I really want the tachometer/speedometer features.

Thanks

IIRC, the only physical difference between the two is that the Digital Pro comes with the automatic timer for use with magnets in the course. Functionally, both systems offer the same modes/controls.

IIRC, the only physical difference between the two is that the Digital Pro comes with the automatic timer for use with magnets in the course. Functionally, both systems offer the same modes/controls.

what he said... Yes.gif

Sounds like you have the same requirements that I had for perfect pass. Our family are all rec. skiers and some are just starting out. Our course on the lake does not have magnets. I getting the wakeboard pro because of the features. You can upgrade at a latter time to digital pro if you decide that you want tournament precision, get into trick skiing, or jumping. The website www.skiertoskier.com has alot of good answers to questions, including a guide to prospective PP buyers based on their needs.

I will be upgrading my WBP 6.5n to their new WBP 6.5ng display.

I would highly recommend digital pro as opposed to wakeboard pro. Although wakeboard pro does have an rpm-based pull, you lose some of the customization of pull with it, as I understand it. For example, although when in WB pro RPM mode you can control kx, you lose the weight, wind, etc. inputs that are available in slalom mode of the digital pro. Perhaps the software is there in WB pro to do this, but I say do the digital pro. JMO.

There is always a temptation to use the speed mode of WB pro to slalom. DO NOT do this...unless you like getting yanked at all the wrong times.

JohnDoe,

As some others have said, DigitalPro and Wakeboard Pro are exactly the same minus the sensors for magnets. Regardles of which one you buy, when you boot it up for the first time or reset it PP asks you which mode you want to run in. If you choose Wakeboard, it turns into a Wakeboard Pro. If you don't, it turns into Digital Pro.

It's a bit hidden in the documentation, but it does refer to this somewhere in there.

Mike

i've got digital pro 6.5ng and can simply press the right buttons and it changes to wakeboard pro

don't know why i ever would though as digital pro has the wakeboard mode anyway, which from what i read is essentially same as trick mode anyway

i've got digital pro 6.5ng and can simply press the right buttons and it changes to wakeboard pro

don't know why i ever would though as digital pro has the wakeboard mode anyway, which from what i read is essentially same as trick mode anyway

Yep,

Digital pro IS Wakeboard Pro and vice versa, just need to select the right mode. The only difference is the sticker on the master module, the Wakeboard pro doesn't tell you where to put the timing sensors, even though the connections are there and are fully functional.