Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Insurance on my bu

goochy

My Boaters Ins Co. quote for 06 is $595.00 with a grand deductable. They had a special going with Malibu last year and it was only $318.00!!!

My State Farm quote was $828.00

After shopping several quotes, we went with Progressive.

My agent is a boater. Progressive provided better coverage at lower price that many of the 'big' boat insurers and cheaper than the company that covers my Auto and Homeowners.

you also have to compare of experiece or if its a new boater. They charge you a lot more for the first 2 years if you are a new boater and then the prices drop after that. When I was checking (I am a new boater) the pricing was much higher and all stated after 2 years it would drop by almost 1/3 or half.

I have Progressive as well $284 a year on my 01 MC X-Star. I honestly dont know what the new VLX will run but I had the MC insured for $45k. My wife is in the insurance billing industry and says Progress pays all there claims without question.

I have State Farm and its $480 a year. Both my vehicles and my life insurance is with them so I might be getting a break. I love being 24 and having life insurance.... It's like the little red guy on your shoulder always saying "you can do it, and if you don't make it Mom and Dad will be taken care of"!!!

State Farm was over $1000.00 per year.. Ms goes by HP.. I have $65,000 coverage on my 2005 lsv. Ski Safe said they might match someone esle to keep me..

I have progressive with the replacement cost, 300k, 3k equipment replacement and $500 deductable for $650. I was told Progressive fights with the boat shop on cost. But then I could be wrong.

Blast what kind of price do you pay. I was thinking about checking them out.

I had USAA for 2 years and made some calls and found Progressive quite a bit cheaper.I callled USAA and they told me that Progessive is a sister company and set me up so they did not loose any buisness.

I guess it is set up for 2 owner boats that are insured with USAA and Progressive picks up the other owner.

Who do yall use ......... I have ski safe now.... over $800.00 per year.. looking for good cheaper insurance company .

Hay how are you doing i just put insurance on my new sunscape i had ski safe last year on my chaperall and found out from chris about boaters insurance they give discounts to crew members my premium is 505 for brand new boat i was impressed

I use WestMar http://www.westmarinsurance.com/about.asp

They were recommended by Cope & McPHeters when I bought my boat.

They were cheaper than anyone else I talked to and they had 100% replacement for the first 5 years. So if you totaled your boat, they would replace it with a brand new one. All other coverages were equal to or better than everyone else.

I'd be sure to check them out.

I have Progressive, $428 full replacement value for first five years. I had Ski Safe on the old boat but they quoted about $20 more a year and had the four month layup. Coverage amounts through Progressive are more than double what Ski Safe had.

I use WestMar http://www.westmarinsurance.com/about.asp

They were recommended by Cope & McPHeters when I bought my boat.

They were cheaper than anyone else I talked to and they had 100% replacement for the first 5 years. So if you totaled your boat, they would replace it with a brand new one. All other coverages were equal to or better than everyone else.

I'd be sure to check them out.

I'll second what Andy says. I've been with Westmar since'99. No claims (knock on forehead) but resonable prices and they are a "marine Only" insurer. Be careful of the biggies.... (Farmer's, Allstate, etc...) their "marine" policies are usually lacking in mamy areas: partial loss depreciation ranges form 3-10 yrs meaning your boat will start depreciating in 3-10 yrs (go for 10). Look at Wreck removal expense...this is tricky, a sunken boat (even to the gunwales, like ours are supposed to do) poses signifigant risks and salvage companies are not cheap...

May I also suggest: Twin Rivers Marine Insurance Agency in Antioch, CA 800-259-5701Twin Rivers Marine They are marine insurance brokers. Nice people!

A guy goes to the marina for a day on the lake. The boat is full of water above the seats. He goes to the marina for help and somehow the Sheriff arrives. Sheriff odrers the owner to call a salvage co. to secure the boat as it was straining the dock it was moored in. Not knowing what the problem was the the Sheriff told the salvage guy that he did not want the gas& oil in the lake.... So they float the boat on airbags to the launch ramp, pump it out into a recovery truck, trailer it, only to find the shaft packing was way out of adjustment causing the battery to fail due to the bilge pump. It cost the guy close to $8K and his insurance company picked up $750.00. (True story---I don't remember exact numbers, but you get the point.)

READ YOUR POLICY!

Edited by Faceplant409

I haven't seen American Family mentioned, and I shopped around to all of the other ones mentioned on this thread last year for my '05 SLXI, and AM-Fam was the best. Local agent (it's nice to see someone who could greatly help or hurt you at Little League games and school meetings), and I'm paying $350 for 100% replacement with a 4-month layup and a $500 deductible.

Oh ya, another reason I went with WestMar is they were cheaper AND they had no lay up period. Since I ride all year round, this was a big deal. They also cover anyone that drives the boat. I know other companies you actually had to call them and tell them the names of others that would potentially be driving the boat.

- And really, that's probably when something bad could happen - when someone, that's not as familiar with the boat is pulling you.