Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tint or no Tint

wakebear79

Hey guys I wanting to get everyone’s thoughts. Tint or no tint? For those of you that have your windshields tinted does it really cut down on visibility? Also what % of tint did you go with? Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts so post them!!! Also did they have to take out your windshield???

I recently took delivery on my BU and I will be getting mine done. My boat is black so the 5% would be ideal for looks, but I am thinking that I may just do the 20%. Will get it done this week probably so I wil take pics and post them here.

Grant

Personally,

I don't like tinted windsheilds on boats.....

but, I wish I had at least clear tint the day a rock flew over my truck and busted out my walk-through glass.

I'm with you, Pete. I don't care for the look of a tinted windshield - but it's also a function issue for me too when I take the boat out at night, it would be impossible to see.

I love my tinted windshield!

I've had the tint on for about 6 years. Love the way it looks and I have no visability problems.

It's like wearing a pair of sunglasses. Now, I want to add that we don't go out at night very often, and when we do, I put the bolster seat up and look over the windshield. (not good for night vision)

:)

I'm with you, Pete. I don't care for the look of a tinted windshield - but it's also a function issue for me too when I take the boat out at night, it would be impossible to see.

I like the look of a light tint. But for the fact I stay out tell dark, I won't do it. But a 5% tint wouldn't be bad.

The last Flighty I had was Black and Gold, with a full tinted windshield. It was bad a**, if I do say so myself.

That said, I'd never do it again for a skiing boat. Without the light contrast between "inside" a vehicle and "outside", you couldn't see through the windsheild without straining your eyes, and you could not see anything with sunglasses on. Your only choice was to either sit up in the wind and look completely over like a dog on a harley, or press your nose up to the glass so that no other brighter light attracted your eyes.

But boy did it look bad a** on the trailer!

Peter. Batman.gif