Sign in to follow this  
brazosvet

Stainless Hose covers.

brazosvet

Has anyone tried this mod? Are the kits sold for cars good enough to hold-up in a boat/marine enviroment? I think covering the hoses with SS mesh would look cool, but I do not want a rusty mess. Let me know if you have any experience with this.

Oh yeah, I did a search on WSR with no results.

Edited by brazosvet

NorCaliBu

Ummm, if it rusts it ain't stainless. Crazy.gif

As long as the covers are made out of decent SS they won't rust. Stewart plays with metal....Hey Stewart, what are the better grades of SS...304?...314?...?

SacRiverRat

I don't like the fake ones.. if you want real bling, use real braided lines.

On my pimpala, I do use some AN looking fittings that have the band clamp built in. These give a clean dressed up look w/out the braided hose covering stuff (those get dirty too)

Sunsetter95

I had thought of putting a little bling on the boat. Hoses, pulleys, exhaust manifolds, intake, but then I realized, that the cover is always down. I'm the only one that would know it is there! So I thought, not on this boat, maybe on a new one.

I may still put HP exhaust manifold on it for the HP.

brazosvet

So, there are real braided lines? As opposed to covers? Where is a good place to shop for them? Are they custom ordered? Tell me more, this is all new to me.

brazosvet
Ummm, if it rusts it ain't stainless. Crazy.gif

As long as the covers are made out of decent SS they won't rust.  Stewart plays with metal....Hey Stewart, what are the better grades of SS...304?...314?...?

The quality of SS determines how fast it will rust. I have seen german SS surgical instruments(supposedly the best), rust after only a few uses. If the automotive SS hoses are poor quality, they will rust in a marine enviroment..

Hman442

Look here:Stainless hose supplier

So, there are real braided lines?  As opposed to covers?  Where is a good place to shop for them? Are they custom ordered?  Tell me more, this is all new to me.

Edited by Hman442

Sunsetter95

Yeasser, dat's tha real McCoy dare. Yes.gif

whiteVLX

Never thought of trying this mod myself. I've got other things that have ranked higher on the priority list. Don't see why the standard auto kits wouldn't work.

jeffmx

On my old boat, I actually covered the hoses with that black plastic hose .. you know the corrigated one. I am not sure what you call it, but it worked real well in protecting the water hoses wich were very close to the pulleys. It didn't look as trick as stainless, but it did the job, was cheap(free), and didn't rust.

jeffmx
On my old boat, I actually covered the hoses with that black plastic hose .. you know the corrigated one. I am not sure what you call it, but it worked real well in protecting the water hoses wich were very close to the pulleys. It didn't look as trick as stainless, but it did the job, was cheap(free), and didn't rust.

Must remember spell check, must remember spell check,....

NorCaliBu

Hey Martho, it's working...... :)

Though I don't hold out much hope for SacRiverRat or Malibudude. :( Some things are irreversible. Crazy.gif

jeffmx

Though I don't hold out much hope for SacRiverRat or Malibudude. :( Some things are irreversible. Crazy.gif

ROFL.gif

SacRiverRat

Lightsabre.gif

SacRiverRat

:unsure: Oh, Hi Troy..... :)

Ya saw that, did ya? Oops.gif

:)

Yea - I've learned that when I log in, to go see what you've been sayin ;) Gotta keep you on your toes Biggrin.gif