Sign in to follow this  
Fly

Extra ballast in VLX?

Fly

Ok, so I finally pick up the new VLX and I am trying to figure out what extra sacs to put where for surfing in particular. I was planning on putting the 5-600lb sacs in the rear lockers and the sac that I was using in the ski locker of the LSV under the observer side seats. Given that I tend to switch boats annually I'll use the jabsco impeller pump to fill/empty these sacs using the through hull drain under the rear seat.

I'm curious as to how much weight people are carrying in the rear with the tanks under the floor. I know these need to be filled before filling the extra ballast sacs.

obski

I know that there was some discussion about whether or not you can safely put sacs over the under the floor tanks. Maybe do a search or maybe someone with an 05 VLX can chime in.

Wkerat

I run extra hard tanks like the old vlx in mine. I just reinforced the floor with a second layer that I got from my dealer. Works great and no problems.

whiteVLX

I don't have rear tanks in my VLX so I just run a pair of fat buddies back there. So that's 250lbs on each side plus the wedge.

Edit:

This post just brought me to 'Bu Zealot. Yahoo.gif

Edited by whiteVLX

NorCaliBu
This post just brought me to 'Bu Zealot. Yahoo.gif

[sports caster's voice]

Don't worry 'Bu fans. At 500 posts he is just hitting his stride. We are bound to get a useful piece of information out of him within the next 200-400 posts.

Surprised.gif

jetskipro550

I don't know about the 05 but in my friends 03 we have had two 500lb. sacs one on the back seat and the other on what everside the surfer is on. We have also put two sac on the floor in the back and an extra 500lb one in the front. So we had all three MLS tanks/sacks full plus the wedge and 1500lbs of additional sacks. We have only done this a few times though.