Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Second Heater install in 247

hotrodbowtie

Here is a link to the pics of our heater install on our new 247. We spent alot of time working with Justin at Idano Watersports coming up with the perfect install. This install places the heater out of the way so that it will not take up space, or get damaged. Making the whole thing look factory was important, so all inserts were carpeted with factory carpet. The cutting done on the plexi, motor side plate also turned out very cool. We really wanted to have all three ports under the center rear seat with special care too not interfere with the rear seat tray. We managed to do it with no cutouts or rattles. We placed the swith on a new remote stereo mount plate to keep wth the flow of the boat. I think that all gests and kids will really appreciate the additional heaters since we tend to be at the lake past dark on the majority of occasions.

Well here ya go, Hope everyone likes it as well as we do.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548890236kwOeub

I took those pics in to my dealer, I think we are going to put two vents in the middle back like yours, then one on the port side about 1/2 way up. I'll loose a little storage space, but it'll be worth it, it gets so cold here.

Festivus,

Where are you located?

I thought about one on the side but the pullout port extended way out into the ski/board storage area so we nixed that. I always try to stow everything for travel, so I did not want to loose that. I may convert on of my driver side feet heaters to a second pullout in the isle to accomodate passengers up front better.

Good luck and send some pics when it is done.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

hotrod-- in Denver. I am not sure exactly how much storage space I am loosing, but the installer knows to be judicious. If not, I'll cut it out and just have the one in the rear. It'd really throw out some heat.

festivus,

We just went out this week and I can tell you that having the three outlets in the rear, all with tubes, made the cfo and the fam very happy. It was only in the 50's and when the sun went down it chilled quickly. Each pair shared one tube and a blanket and all were happy except the cfo. The factory heater was cold and that is going to require a re-route for "idle" heating. I may just do the bypass heater mod. I have to say that the three tube option was very popular!!!!!! Whatever works for you though.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

That is an incredible install. You may be on to a very popular upgrade especially for the 247. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come up as another option from Malibu. As for the installer...... Notworthy.gif

That is an incredible install. You may be on to a very popular upgrade especially for the 247. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come up as another option from Malibu. As for the installer...... Notworthy.gif

That install job might be better than the factory. The 247s here have second heaters in them and my dealer ordered mine with a second heater. I'll post pics when it get delivered.

fantastic! I'm thinking of doing the same with our VLX this summer. I'll tuff it out for the spring and that is a perfect spot! Easy to get at everything to do it, great spot for the tubes to be...good work!