Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windshield squeaking

sunscapeJeff

Hey everyone!

The windshield on our Sunscape 23 is squeaking when we're boating. The squeaking appears to be coming from where the door meets the rest of the windshield. Anybody have any ideas on how to address this?

Thanks!

Jeff

I had the same problem with mine squeakin at the top of the walkthrough. The fit in my opinion was very poor. It did eventually go away with time; however, the fit is still noticibly poor. Some people have even had to take their bu' back to the dealership for this. This is a known issue if I recall correctly.

Thanks for your help!

skistud, I think what you're describing is what I'm seeing. It appears to be the windshield door (for lack of a better term at my immediate disposal) moving in relation to the fixed part of the windshield; the squeaking is the door rubbing against the fixed windshield.

Mine's a 2001, so I doubt I can take it back.

Should I tighten the windshield door latches, or put some sort of material to buffer the windshield door from the frame?

Thanks for your help!

skistud, I think what you're describing is what I'm seeing. It appears to be the windshield door (for lack of a better term at my immediate disposal) moving in relation to the fixed part of the windshield; the squeaking is the door rubbing against the fixed windshield.

Mine's a 2001, so I doubt I can take it back.

Should I tighten the windshield door latches, or put some sort of material to buffer the windshield door from the frame?

Mine squeaked as well, but the problem went away when I replaced the piece of foam that is attached to the inside of the moving part of the windshield. I used insulating foam (think it was 1" wide because I couldn't find 1 1/4 inches. Also went with a slightly thicker strip to keep a tight fit between the door and frame.

Addictedto6 ... That's kind of what I was thinking. Did you go with the weatherstripping type from Home Depot? Did you run it the entire length of the door, or just sections?

Thanks!

Addictedto6 ... That's kind of what I was thinking. Did you go with the weatherstripping type from Home Depot? Did you run it the entire length of the door, or just sections?

Thanks!

Yep, same stuff. I replaced the old worn out strip - it ran the length of the door IIRC.

Edited by Addictedto6

Instead of the weather stripping, you may want to consider picking up some sticky-backed velcro and then using only the softer velcro peice. It works just as well and won't wear out like the weather stripping does.

Mike