Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ouch that hurt

mali_vride

Yesterday we were out on the lake. I was on the wakeboard on my last run and i was coming into the dock. I let go of the rope and caught a front edge and bam Crazy.gif ! The board hit me in the back of the head and it started bleeding like you no what. I went to the hospital and had to wait in the waiting room for like 30 min while it was bleeding. I had to have 11 staples and 2 shots in the back of my head. Needless to say i wasn't wearing my helmet when i fell. From now on i will be wearing it all the time.

http://photos.yahoo.com/mali_vride

Edited by mali_vride

That's what you get for boarding when a good portion of us can't even take our boat out!!

Kidding of course, hope it heals up well.

That stinks. Glad it wasn't more serious. Thanks for the ammo to help me get the kids wearing helmuts this summer.
Can you post a pic of your melon so I can show my son why he needs his helmet? and for my wife to show me why I need to start wearing one.

Got our son wearing one by pointing out that the pros are wearing them, that and telling him he was not riding without one period.

Can you post a pic of your melon so I can show my son why he needs his helmet? and for my wife to show me why I need to start wearing one.

So if the wife dosn't remind you then you won't remind your son. I see who the true leader in the family Surprised.gif

SLAPAHO <---link

Support Life And Put A Helmet On

I like that one Thumbup.gif

one day we will all be wearing helmets just to walk down the street. Shocking.gif while driving our car, while watching tv,........while sleeping...because there is always a chance the roof might fall on you too.

hope your doing okay, if you have one of those compression wraps on...thats the worst. I had my bell wrung last year by a horse and other than it actually happening, the pain from that bandage was the worst.

Here is the link to the pics of my noggin.... http://photos.yahoo.com/mali_vride

it didn't really hurt when it happend,,,,but the shots in the head was a killer..... Cry.gif

Here is the link to the pics of my noggin.... http://photos.yahoo.com/mali_vride

it didn't really hurt when it happend,,,,but the shots in the head was a killer..... Cry.gif

Just to clarify, all kids wear helmets riding behind our boat. A pic of what can happen will eliminate him questioning me if he can ride without one. I need to get one for myself as well.

Goose - I never even pretended that I was in charge ;)

Here is the link to the pics of my noggin....

Man, that looks brutal. Shocking.gif I was planning on getting a helmet this year anyway but I think I'll pick one up tomorrow. Good luck with the healing.

one day we will all be wearing helmets just to walk down the street. while driving our car, while watching tv,........while sleeping...because there is always a chance the roof might fall on you too.

You're absolutely right 'chick.

I wish I had been wearing my helmet 3 months ago when I was caulking some siding on my house. I fell off the front porch, wacked my head, and got a couple of stitches.

Now i just hope i am net hesitant on getting back on the board Shocking.gif .

I have yet to get into a trailer with a horse again...lesson learned. I also got thrown last year, havent gotten back on that pistol of a horse again and dont plan too either.

one day we will all be wearing helmets just to walk down the street. Shocking.gif while driving our car, while watching tv,........while sleeping...because there is always a chance the roof might fall on you too.

Um...maybe we should go back to not wearing seatbelts...as we rarely get in car accidents.

Maybe those NFL pansies should go back to wearing leather helmets...

Not a good argument...the odds of smacking your noggin wakeboarding are MUCH higher than when you are sleepping or walking...

Just common sense.

Of course, I didn't buy a helmet until I rung my bell really hard (think I was knocked out for a few seconds and had a minor concussion...)

Crazy.gif

A couple of nasty wrecks racing crits as a teenager was enough to make me a life long proponent of wearing helmets. Those ugly foam things (at the time) saved my noggin a time or two then and many times since. No one rides behind my boat with our gear without a helmet.

Now that i wear my helmet i'll probably never have the board smack the back of my head again. Rather be safe than sorry Thumbup.gif .

• 2 weeks later...

hope your doing okay, if you have one of those compression wraps on...thats the worst. I had my bell wrung last year by a horse and other than it actually happening, the pain from that bandage was the worst.

so true. I went snow skiing for the first time in a while this year, my god, everyone had one, i still refused. I have even jumped w/o a helmet a few times :blush: No helmet for the motorcycles, not going to wear on the water. I have one brain cell left, why worry. ROFL.gif