Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Start up gear

blubu

I bought a new 05 VLX last winter and now I need to load it up with all the essentials. I would like to see if anyone has any input on what they can't live without on their boats. I have already decided on a box anchor. But wanted to what else people keep on their boats. Such as type of dock lines, tools, anything else that would be useful. Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

I already loaded it with a bottle opener and a corkscrew.

1. I keep a 5/8" line capable of towing another boat. While I've never needed it to tow my boat, it has saved 3 others that did not have the proper line.

2. I keep 2 instant ice packs in the large first aid kit

3. GPS and VHF radio.

4. Small waterproof plastic tool box with hand tools and a spare impeller.

5. Signal flares

A scuba mask and a sharp knife. Comes in handy if the driver runs over the line.

Also a GOOD cooler. Something to keep the beverages cold all day (Malibu's ice chests suck) and it doubles as extra ballast.

Your gonna need some fenders for docking and for rafting up and some extra line for mooring to shore/beaches. Enough PFDs to keep you legal. :)

Fire Extinguisher

FlashLight

Spare/Boat Towels

All the assorted toys (skis, boards, tubes, fun noodles, tow lines)

We have most things packed in a tub that goes on/off the boat to speed loading.

Lots of good tunes, suntan lotion, and plenty of the BOC (beverage of choice). Beer.gif And everything on the list Tracie linked above. Now you're ready to enjoy the new boat! Yahoo.gif Congrats.

Spare impeller

Spare prop&puller

Extra set of boat keys in the truck

Extra set of truck keys in the boat

I have never needed any of the above, Thumbup.gif but all items could save a potentialy disapointing trip.

Spare impeller

Spare prop&puller

Extra set of boat keys in the truck

Extra set of truck keys in the boat

I have never needed any of the above, Thumbup.gif but all items could save a potentialy disapointing trip.

You'll never need it if you have it, so make sure you bring it all.